Words containing c, o, r, e
4 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- cero — a large spiny-finned food fish, Scomberomorus regalis, of warm American coastal regions of the Atlantic: family Scombridae (mackerels, tunnies, etc)
5 letter words containing c, o, r, e
6 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- brecon — a town in SE Wales, in Powys: textile and leather industries. Pop: 7901 (2001)
- broche — woven with a raised design, as brocade
- carole — a female given name.
- censor — If someone in authority censors letters or the media, they officially examine them and cut out any information that is regarded as secret.
- centro — a city in S California.
7 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
- acerose — shaped like a needle, as pine leaves
- acerous — having no antennae.
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
8 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- accorded — to be in agreement or harmony; agree.
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
9 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
- accretion — An accretion is an addition to something, usually one that has been added over a period of time.
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
10 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
11 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
12 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
13 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
14 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
15 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
16 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
17 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
20 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing c, o, r, e
22 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing c, o, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with C, O, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28981 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, O, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.