Words containing c, o, n, g
4 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- cong — Informal. Vietcong.
5 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- cogon — any of the coarse tropical grasses of the genus Imperata, esp I. cylindrica and I. exaltata of the Philippines, which are used for thatching
- coign — quoin.
- cong. — congius
- conga — If a group of people dance a conga, they dance in a long winding line, with each person holding on to the back of the person in front.
- conge — permission to depart or dismissal, esp when formal
6 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- agonic — forming no angle
- calgon — a chemical compound, sodium hexametaphosphate, with water-softening properties, used in detergents
- coding — Coding is a method of making something easy to recognize or distinct, for example by colouring it.
- cogent — A cogent reason, argument, or example is strong and convincing.
- coggan — (Frederick) Donald, 1909–2000, English clergyman: archbishop of Canterbury 1974–80.
7 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- aglucon — an aglycon, especially one combined with glucose to form a glycoside.
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- campong — a small village or community of houses in Malay-speaking lands.
- chignon — A chignon is a knot of hair worn at the back of a woman's head.
8 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- agnostic — An agnostic believes that it is not possible to know whether God exists or not. Compare atheist.
- anagogic — of or relating to an anagoge.
- analogic — based on, involving, or expressing an analogy.
- angelico — Fra (fra), original name Guido di Pietro; monastic name Fra Giovanni da Fiesole. ?1400–55, Italian fresco painter and Dominican friar
9 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
- according — in proportion; in relation
- aconcagua — a mountain in W Argentina: the highest peak in the Andes and in the W Hemisphere. Height: 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- aerogenic — producing gas, as certain bacteria.
- agincourt — a battle fought in 1415 near the village of Azincourt, N France: a decisive victory for English longbowmen under Henry V over French forces vastly superior in number
10 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- accrington — a town in NW England, in SE Lancashire. Pop: 35 203 (2001)
- acidogenic — producing acid, as bacteria, or causing acidity, as of the urine.
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
11 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- accountings — the theory and system of setting up, maintaining, and auditing the books of a firm; art of analyzing the financial position and operating results of a business house from a study of its sales, purchases, overhead, etc. (distinguished from bookkeeping).
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
12 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
13 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
14 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
15 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
17 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
18 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
19 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
20 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- continuing-education — adult education.
21 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
32 letter words containing c, o, n, g
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, O, N, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8869 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, O, N, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.