Words containing c, l, o, t
4 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- clot — A clot is a sticky lump that forms when blood dries up or becomes thick.
5 letter words containing c, l, o, t
6 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- alcott — Louisa May. 1832–88, US novelist, noted for her children's books, esp Little Women (1869)
- alecto — one of the three Furies; the others are Megaera and Tisiphone
- blotch — A blotch is a small unpleasant-looking area of colour, for example on someone's skin.
- callot — Jacques [zhahk] /ʒɑk/ (Show IPA), 1592?–1635, French engraver and etcher.
- catalo — a normally sterile hybrid developed from crossing the American bison with domestic cattle
7 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- backlot — an area outside a film or television studio used for outdoor filming
- blotchy — Something that is blotchy has blotches on it.
- calotte — a skullcap worn by Roman Catholic clergy
- caltrop — any tropical or subtropical plant of the zygophyllaceous genera Tribulus and Kallstroemia that have spiny burs or bracts
8 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- allocate — If one item or share of something is allocated to a particular person or for a particular purpose, it is given to that person or used for that purpose.
- alt-rock — a genre of rock music regarded by its practitioners and fans as being outside the mainstream
9 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acylation — the introduction into a chemical compound of an acyl group
- albinotic — of or relating to albinism.
10 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acoelomate — any animal without a body cavity, such as a flatworm
- acotyledon — any plant, such as a fern or moss, that does not possess cotyledons
- acrostical — relating to an acrostic
11 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
12 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
16 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
17 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — narrow adherence to traditional teachings, doctrines, or methods.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing c, l, o, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
On this page, we collect all words with C, L, O, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17270 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, L, O, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.