Words containing c, l, o, s, e
5 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- close — When you close something such as a door or lid or when it closes, it moves so that a hole, gap, or opening is covered.
6 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- closed — A closed group of people does not welcome new people or ideas from outside.
- closer — someone or something that closes
- closet — A closet is a piece of furniture with doors at the front and shelves inside, which is used for storing things.
- clozes — pertaining to or being a procedure used to measure comprehension or text difficulty, in which a person is called upon to supply elements that have been systematically deleted from a text.
- coleus — any plant of the Old World genus Coleus: cultivated for their variegated leaves, typically marked with red, yellow, or white: family Lamiaceae (labiates)
7 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- belasco — David1853-1931; U.S. theatrical producer, playwright, & actor
- bolices — to do (something) badly; bungle (often followed by up): His interference bollixed up the whole deal.
- callose — a carbohydrate, a polymer of glucose, found in plants, esp in the sieve tubes
- celosia — any of several species (genus Celosia) of the amaranth family, of annual garden plants with minute, brilliant red or yellow flowers in large clusters; cockscomb
- cholers — irascibility; anger; wrath; irritability.
8 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- calories — Thermodynamics. Also called gram calorie, small calorie. an amount of heat exactly equal to 4.1840 joules. Abbreviation: cal. (usually initial capital letter) kilocalorie. Abbreviation: Cal.
- camisole — A camisole is a short piece of clothing that women wear on the top half of their bodies underneath a shirt or blouse, for example.
9 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- alcyoneus — a giant who threw a stone at Hercules and was killed when Hercules hit the stone back with his club.
- anchylose — ankylose
- androcles — (in Roman legend) a slave whose life was spared in the arena by a lion from whose paw he had once extracted a thorn
- bellicose — You use bellicose to refer to aggressive actions or behaviour that are likely to start an argument or a fight.
- calaboose — a prison; jail
10 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- actionless — inactive, without action
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
11 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
- aeroelastic — capable of changing shape under aerodynamic forces
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
12 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
13 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- amygdalaceous — similar to or derived from the almond
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
14 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
15 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
17 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
20 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
22 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
23 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing c, l, o, s, e
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
On this page, we collect all words with C, L, O, S, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10038 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, L, O, S, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.