Words containing c, l, i, n, e
5 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- cline — a continuous variation in form between members of a species having a wide variable geographical or ecological range
6 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- ancile — a shield that was said to have fallen from heaven, on whose preservation the fortune of Rome was thought to depend
- celine — Louis-Ferdinand (lwifɛrdinɑ̃), real name Louis-Ferdinand Destouches. 1894–1961, French novelist and physician; became famous with his controversial first novel Journey to the End of the Night (1932)
- cineol — a colorless, oily, slightly water-soluble liquid terpene ether, C 10 H 18 O, having a camphorlike odor and a pungent, spicy, cooling taste, found in eucalyptus, cajeput, and other essential oils: used in flavoring, perfumery, and medicine chiefly as an expectorant.
- client — A client of a professional person or organization is a person or company that receives a service from them in return for payment.
- clines — Biology. the gradual change in certain characteristics exhibited by members of a series of adjacent populations of organisms of the same species.
7 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- angelic — You can describe someone as angelic if they are, or seem to be, very good, kind, and gentle.
- anglice — in English
- binocle — an opera- or field-glass employing telescopic tubes for both eyes
- caelian — the southeasternmost of the Seven Hills of Rome
- calcine — to heat (a substance) so that it is oxidized, reduced, or loses water
8 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acauline — having no stem
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- alchuine — (Ealhwine Flaccus) a.d. 735–804, English theologian and scholar: teacher and adviser of Charlemagne.
- alcidine — of, relating to, or belonging to the Alcidae, a family of sea birds including the auks, guillemots, puffins, and related forms
9 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
- acidulent — an acidulating substance.
- adminicle — something contributing to prove a point without itself being complete proof
- air-lance — to clean with an air lance.
10 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actionable — If something that you do or say to someone is actionable, it gives them a valid reason for bringing a legal case against you.
- actionless — inactive, without action
11 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acetylation — to introduce one or more acetyl groups into (a compound).
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
12 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- aeronautical — Aeronautical means involving or relating to the design and construction of aeroplanes.
13 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
14 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
15 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
17 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
18 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
20 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
21 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
22 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing c, l, i, n, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, L, I, N, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13745 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, L, I, N, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.