Words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
6 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- senlac — a hill in SE England: believed by some historians to have been the site of the Battle of Hastings, 1066.
7 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- calends — the first day of each month in the ancient Roman calendar
- cannels — an oily, compact coal, burning readily and brightly.
- censual — an official enumeration of the population, with details as to age, sex, occupation, etc.
- cleanse — To cleanse a place, person, or organization of something dirty, unpleasant, or evil means to make them free from it.
- lancers — a cavalry soldier armed with a lance.
8 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- analects — selected literary passages from one or more works
- calmness — without rough motion; still or nearly still: a calm sea.
- clanless — a group of families or households, as among the Scottish Highlanders, the heads of which claim descent from a common ancestor: the Mackenzie clan.
- cleanest — free from dirt; unsoiled; unstained: She bathed and put on a clean dress.
9 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- albescent — shading into, growing, or becoming white
- alcyoneus — a giant who threw a stone at Hercules and was killed when Hercules hit the stone back with his club.
- anacletus — flourished 1st century a.d, pope 76–88.
- analgesic — An analgesic drug reduces the effect of pain.
- ancestral — You use ancestral to refer to a person's family in former times, especially when the family is important and has property or land which they have had for a long time.
10 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- actionless — inactive, without action
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- aeschylean — 525–456 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- albescence — becoming white; whitish.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
11 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
- adultescent — an adult who is still actively interested in youth culture
- aesculapian — of or relating to Aesculapius or to the art of medicine
- alcaligenes — any of several rod-shaped aerobic or facultatively anaerobic bacteria of the genus Alcaligenes, found in the intestinal tract of humans and other vertebrates and in dairy products.
12 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- alalcomeneus — the first man: he reared Athena and reconciled Zeus and Hera.
- anecdotalism — an inclination to relate anecdotes
13 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
14 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
15 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anticlericalism — opposed to the influence and activities of the clergy or the church in secular or public affairs.
16 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
17 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
19 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
22 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
27 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
28 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
45 letter words containing c, l, e, a, n, s
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with C, L, E, A, N, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6753 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, L, E, A, N, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.