Words containing c, l, a, d
4 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- clad — If you are clad in particular clothes, you are wearing them.
5 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- acold — cold; chilled
- alcid — any of twenty-two species of oceanic birds of the family Alcidae
- calid — warm
- clade — a group of organisms considered as having evolved from a common ancestor
- decal — Decals are pieces of paper with a design on one side. The design can be transferred onto a surface by heating it, soaking it in water, or pressing it hard.
6 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- alcade — a mayor having judicial powers.
- calced — wearing shoes
- calder — Alexander. 1898–1976, US sculptor, who originated mobiles and stabiles (moving or static abstract sculptures, generally suspended from wire)
- called — having the name
7 letter words containing c, l, a, d
8 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- acylated — to introduce the acyl group into (a compound).
- aedicula — aedicule.
- aedicule — an opening such as a door or a window, framed by columns on either side, and a pediment above
9 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- accoladed — any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
10 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- academical — academic.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- acidolysis — decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an acid.
11 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
12 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
14 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- anti-radicalism — the holding or following of radical or extreme views or principles.
16 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
17 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
18 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing c, l, a, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing c, l, a, d
On this page, we collect all words with C, L, A, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9244 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, L, A, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.