Words containing c, h, o, l, i
5 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- choli — a short-sleeved bodice, as worn by Indian women
6 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
7 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
8 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- blockish — lacking vivacity or imagination; stupid
- castilho — Antonio Feliciano de [ahn-taw-n-yoo fuh-lees-yah-noo] /ɑ̃ˈtɔˈn yu fə lisˈyɑ nu/ (Show IPA), 1800–75, Portuguese poet.
- catholic — The Catholic Church is the branch of the Christian Church that accepts the Pope as its leader and is based in the Vatican in Rome.
9 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- alcoholic — An alcoholic is someone who cannot stop drinking large amounts of alcohol, even when this is making them ill.
- antichlor — a substance used to remove chlorine from a material after bleaching or to neutralize the chlorine present
- archivolt — a moulding around an arch, sometimes decorated
10 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- alcoholism — People who suffer from alcoholism cannot stop drinking large quantities of alcohol.
- alcoholize — to turn into alcoholic drink, as by fermenting or mixing with alcohol
11 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- alcoholysis — chemical decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an alcohol.
12 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
13 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
- anaphorically — referring back to or substituting for a preceding word or group of words: anaphoric reference.
- anaphylactoid — Of, pertaining to, or resembling anaphylaxis.
14 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- anglo-catholic — The Anglo-Catholic part of the Church of England, or of the churches related to it, is the part whose beliefs and practices are similar to those of the Catholic Church.
15 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-historical — of, pertaining to, treating, or characteristic of history or past events: historical records; historical research.
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
16 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
17 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
23 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
24 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
29 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
31 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
32 letter words containing c, h, o, l, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, O, L, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5381 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, O, L, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.