Words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
6 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
7 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- cathole — one of a pair of holes in the after part of a ship through which hawsers are passed for steadying the ship or heaving astern
- charlot — Jean [jeen;; French zhahn] /dʒin;; French ʒɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1898–1979, U.S. painter, lithographer, and illustrator; born in France and active in Mexico.
- cholate — a cholic acid salt
- colbath — Jeremiah Jones, Wilson, Henry.
- halicot — haricot2 .
8 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- cachalot — sperm whale
- calthrop — any of several plants having spiny heads or fruit, as those of the genera Tribulus and Kallstroemia, or the star thistle, Centaurea calcitrapa.
- castilho — Antonio Feliciano de [ahn-taw-n-yoo fuh-lees-yah-noo] /ɑ̃ˈtɔˈn yu fə lisˈyɑ nu/ (Show IPA), 1800–75, Portuguese poet.
9 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acroliths — Plural form of acrolith.
- alcathous — a son of Pelops and Hippodamia who married Euachme and became king of Megara.
- antichlor — a substance used to remove chlorine from a material after bleaching or to neutralize the chlorine present
- archivolt — a moulding around an arch, sometimes decorated
- backcloth — A backcloth is a large piece of cloth, often with scenery or buildings painted on it, that is hung at the back of a stage while a play is being performed.
10 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- alcoholate — any of a class of compounds, analogous to hydrates, containing chemically combined alcohol, as chloral alcoholate, C 4 Cl 3 H 7 O 2 .
- allochthon — a geological formation not formed in the region where found and moved to its present location by tectonic forces. Compare autochthon (def 3).
- allopathic — of, relating to, or used in allopathy
11 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- algorithmic — a set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common divisor.
12 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- alcoholicity — the strength of an alcoholic liquor
- allelopathic — relating to or characterized by allelopathy
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- amphibolitic — Of, pertaining to, or composed of an amphibolite.
13 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- ahistorically — In an ahistorical way.
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
14 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- anglo-catholic — The Anglo-Catholic part of the Church of England, or of the churches related to it, is the part whose beliefs and practices are similar to those of the Catholic Church.
15 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accomplishments — Plural form of accomplishment.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- algorithmically — Using an algorithm.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
16 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anthropometrical — Pertaining to anthropometry.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
17 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- agathokakological — (nonce word) composed of both good and evil.
- alphaphotographic — Of or pertaining to alphaphotographics.
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- alphaphotographics — A display made up of text characters combined with high-resolution photographic images (proposed as a future form of videotex).
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
- autobiographically — In a autobiographical manner.
19 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anticholinesterases — Plural form of anticholinesterase.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- bacteriochlorophylls — Plural form of bacteriochlorophyll.
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- chemotherapeutically — By means of chemotherapy.
21 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- electroencephalograms — Plural form of electroencephalogram.
- electroencephalograph — A machine used for electroencephalography.
- electromyographically — By means of, or in terms of, electromyography.
- electronystagmography — A diagnostic test to record involuntary movements of the eye caused by a condition known as nystagmus. It can also be used to diagnose the cause of vertigo, dizziness or balance dysfunction by testing the vestibular system.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- electroencephalographs — Plural form of electroencephalograph.
- electroencephalography — The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
23 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- electroencephalographer — A specialist in electroencephalography.
- electroencephalographic — Of or pertaining to electroencephalography or electroencephalographs.
- electrophotographically — In an electrophotographic manner; by means of electrophotography.
24 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
25 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- ethylmercurithiosalicylate — (organic compound) A salt or ester of ethylmercurithiosalicylic acid.
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
27 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
29 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
30 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
32 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing c, h, o, l, a, t
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, O, L, A, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3605 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, O, L, A, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.