Words containing c, h, o, k, e
5 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- choke — When you choke or when something chokes you, you cannot breathe properly or get enough air into your lungs.
6 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- choked — If you say something in a choked voice or if your voice is choked with emotion, your voice does not have its full sound, because you are upset or frightened.
- choker — A choker is a necklace or band of material that fits very closely round a woman's neck.
- chokes — the act or sound of choking.
- chokey — (dated, British) prison.
- hocked — the state of being deposited or held as security; pawn: She was forced to put her good jewelry in hock.
7 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- backhoe — A backhoe is a large vehicle which is used for moving large amounts of earth.
- chekhov — Anton Pavlovich (anˈtɔn ˈpavləvitʃ). 1860–1904, Russian dramatist and short-story writer. His plays include The Seagull (1896), Uncle Vanya (1900), The Three Sisters (1901), and The Cherry Orchard (1904)
- chocked — a wedge or block of wood, metal, or the like, for filling in a space, holding an object steady, etc.
- chocker — full up; packed
- chokers — Plural form of choker.
8 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- backhoes — Plural form of backhoe.
- cakehole — (slang) The mouth.
- chechako — cheechako
- checkbox — A small box on a computer screen that, when selected by the user, is filled with a check mark to show that the feature described alongside it has been enabled.
- checkoff — the procedure whereby an employer pays the employee's union dues or other fees straight from his or her salary
9 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- artichoke — Artichokes or globe artichokes are round green vegetables that have fleshy leaves arranged like the petals of a flower.
- backhouse — an outdoor privy; outhouse
- backshore — the area of a beach above the usual high tide mark
- blockhead — a stupid person
- blockhole — a mark or marks on a cricket pitch around the area where the batsman stands, caused by batsmen tapping their bats on the ground
10 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- ahorseback — on horseback
- archipenko — Aleksandr Porfiryevich (alɪkˈsandr parˈfirjɪvitʃ). 1887– 1964, Russian sculptor and painter, in the US after 1923, whose work is characterized by economy of form
- artichokes — Plural form of artichoke.
11 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- aftershocks — Plural form of aftershock.
- archdukedom — the territory ruled by an archduke or archduchess
- breechblock — a metal block in breech-loading firearms that is withdrawn to insert the cartridge and replaced to close the breech before firing
- chain-smoke — Someone who chain-smokes smokes cigarettes or cigars continuously.
- chalkstones — Plural form of chalkstone.
12 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- broken-check — a check pattern in which the rectangular shapes are slightly irregular.
- chain-smoker — A chain-smoker is a person who chain-smokes.
- changepocket — a small pocket or compartment for holding coins.
- checkerbloom — a Californian malvaceous plant, Sidalcea malvaeflora, with pink or purple flowers
- checkerboard — A checkerboard is a square board with 64 black and white squares that is used for playing checkers or chess.
13 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- chameleonlike — any of numerous Old World lizards of the family Chamaeleontidae, characterized by the ability to change the color of their skin, very slow locomotion, and a projectile tongue.
- checkerblooms — Plural form of checkerbloom.
- checkpointing — Present participle of checkpoint.
- chokecherries — Plural form of chokecherry.
14 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- brecknockshire — a historic county in S Wales, now part of Powys, Gwent, and Mid Glamorgan.
- coffee-klatsch — to gather for a coffee klatsch.
- counterchecked — Simple past tense and past participle of countercheck.
- czechoslovakia — a former republic in central Europe: formed after the defeat of Austria-Hungary (1918) as a nation of Czechs in Bohemia and Moravia and Slovaks in Slovakia; occupied by Germany from 1939 until its liberation by the Soviet Union in 1945; became a people's republic under the Communists in 1948; invaded by Warsaw Pact troops in 1968, ending Dubček's attempt to liberalize communism; in 1989 popular unrest led to the resignation of the politburo and the formation of a non-Communist government. It consisted of two federal republics, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which separated in 1993
- electroshocked — Simple past tense and past participle of electroshock.
15 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- bullock's-heart — the large, edible fruit of a tropical American tree, Annona reticulata.
- cholecystokinin — a hormone secreted by duodenal cells that stimulates the contraction of the gall bladder and secretion of pancreatic enzymes
- chondroskeleton — the cartilaginous part of the skeleton of vertebrates
- counterchecking — Present participle of countercheck.
16 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
- cock-of-the-rock — either of two tropical South American birds, Rupicola rupicola or R. peruviana, having an erectile crest and (in the male) a brilliant red or orange plumage: family Cotingidae (cotingas)
17 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
18 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
19 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- leukoencephalopathy — (medicine) Any disease that effects the white matter of the brain.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
- pocket-handkerchief — handkerchief (def 1).
20 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- back-of-the-envelope — (of a plan, calculation, etc) composed or performed quickly and without detailed analysis or research
21 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
25 letter words containing c, h, o, k, e
- petropavlovsk-kamchatskiy — seaport in E Asian Russia, on Kamchatka Peninsula: pop. 210,000
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, O, K, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1457 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, O, K, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.