Words containing c, h, i, s, o
5 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- chios — an island in the Aegean Sea, off the coast of Turkey: belongs to Greece. Capital: Chios. Pop: 51 936 (2001). Area: 904 sq km (353 sq miles)
6 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
7 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- chamiso — an evergreen shrub with yellow-green flowers native to the western United States
- chamois — Chamois are small animals rather like goats that live in the mountains of Europe and South West Asia.
- chinois — A cone-shaped sieve with a closely woven mesh for straining sauces.
- choices — an act or instance of choosing; selection: Her choice of a computer was made after months of research. His parents were not happy with his choice of friends.
- choriso — chorizo.
8 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- atchison — a city in NE Kansas, on the Missouri River.
- binchois — Gilles [Dutch khil-uh s;; French zheel] /Dutch ˈxɪl əs;; French ʒil/ (Show IPA), or Egidius [Dutch ey-khee-dee-oo s] /Dutch eɪˈxi diˌʊs/ (Show IPA), c1400–60, Flemish composer.
- blockish — lacking vivacity or imagination; stupid
- castilho — Antonio Feliciano de [ahn-taw-n-yoo fuh-lees-yah-noo] /ɑ̃ˈtɔˈn yu fə lisˈyɑ nu/ (Show IPA), 1800–75, Portuguese poet.
9 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- antiochus — name of thirteen kings of the Seleucid dynasty of Syria
- barachois — (in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada) a shallow lagoon formed by a sand bar
- bioethics — the study of ethical problems arising from biological research and its applications in such fields as organ transplantation, genetic engineering, or artificial insemination
- bishopric — A bishopric is the area for which a bishop is responsible, or the rank or office of being a bishop.
10 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- alcoholism — People who suffer from alcoholism cannot stop drinking large quantities of alcohol.
- anachorism — a geographical misplacement; something located in an incongruous position
11 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- alcoholysis — chemical decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an alcohol.
- amphicelous — concave on both sides, as the bodies of the vertebrae of fishes.
12 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- amphicarpous — producing two kinds of fruit that differ either in form or in time of ripening.
- amphicoelous — (of the vertebrae of most fishes and some amphibians) concave at the anterior and posterior ends
- anisomorphic — differing in the semantic scope of terms referring to the real world: for instance, English and Russian are anisomorphic with regard to colour terms, English treating light blue and navy blue as shades of one colour but Russian treating these two shades as unrelated
13 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
- anachronistic — You say that something is anachronistic when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
- anaphrodisiac — tending to lessen sexual desire
14 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
15 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
16 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
20 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
24 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing c, h, i, s, o
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, I, S, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5894 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, I, S, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.