Words containing c, h, i, n, o
5 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- chino — a durable cotton twill cloth
6 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- chilon — flourished 556 b.c, Greek sage and ephor at Sparta.
- chino- — of or relating to China
- chinos — Chinos are casual, loose trousers made from cotton.
- chiron — a wise and kind centaur who taught many great heroes in their youth, including Achilles, Actaeon, and Jason
- chiton — (in ancient Greece and Rome) a loose woollen tunic worn knee length by men and full length by women
7 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- aphonic — affected with aphonia
- bronchi — bronchus
- cheiron — Classical Mythology. a wise and beneficent centaur, teacher of Achilles, Asclepius, and others.
- chicano — A chicano is an American citizen, whose family originally came from Mexico.
8 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- anechoic — having a low degree of reverberation of sound
- anorchia — An intersex condition of XY individuals where both testes are absent at birth.
- atchison — a city in NE Kansas, on the Missouri River.
- binchois — Gilles [Dutch khil-uh s;; French zheel] /Dutch ˈxɪl əs;; French ʒil/ (Show IPA), or Egidius [Dutch ey-khee-dee-oo s] /Dutch eɪˈxi diˌʊs/ (Show IPA), c1400–60, Flemish composer.
- botching — to spoil by poor work; bungle (often followed by up): He botched up the job thoroughly.
9 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- aitchbone — the rump bone or floor of the pelvis in cattle
- anaphoric — of or relating to anaphora
- anchoring — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- anchorite — a person who lives in seclusion, esp a religious recluse; hermit
10 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- achromycin — tetracycline
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
11 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acrocorinth — the citadel of ancient Corinth: strategic in the control of the Isthmus of Corinth; extensive ruins.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- amphictyony — (in ancient Greece) a religious association of states for the maintenance of temples and the cults connected with them
12 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- aeromechanic — an aircraft mechanic
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- amenorrhoeic — absence of the menses.
- amphictyonic — of or relating to an amphictyon or an amphictyony.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
13 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
14 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
18 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
19 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
24 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
25 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
29 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
31 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
32 letter words containing c, h, i, n, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, I, N, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6637 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, I, N, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.