Words containing c, h, e, m
5 letter words containing c, h, e, m
6 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- chemic — to bleach
- chemmy — chemin de fer.
- chemo- — indicating that chemicals or chemical reactions are involved
- cherem — the most severe form of excommunication, formerly used by rabbis in sentencing wrongdoers, usually for an indefinite period of time.
- chimed — an apparatus for striking a bell so as to produce a musical sound, as one at the front door of a house by which visitors announce their presence.
7 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- aechmea — any of various epiphytic bromeliads of the genus Aechmea, native to tropical America, having stiff, spiny leaves and clusters of red, yellow, or blue flowers: popular as a houseplant.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- becharm — to charm, delight
- beckham — David. born 1975, English footballer; played for Manchester United (1993–2003), Real Madrid (2003–07), Los Angeles Galaxy (2007–12), and England (1996–2009) for whom he won 115 caps
- beecham — Sir Thomas. 1879–1961, English conductor who did much to promote the works of Delius, Sibelius, and Richard Strauss
8 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- alchemic — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
- amicheme — Associate Member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- amimeche — Associate Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- anthemic — (of a song) like an anthem in being rousing or uplifting.
9 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- achimenes — any plant of the tropical S American tuberous-rooted perennial genus Achimenes, with showy red, blue, or white tubular flowers, some of which are grown as greenhouse plants: family Gesneriaceae
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- alchemies — a form of chemistry and speculative philosophy practiced in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and concerned principally with discovering methods for transmuting baser metals into gold and with finding a universal solvent and an elixir of life.
10 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- aerenchyma — plant tissue with large air-filled spaces, which is typical of aquatic plants and allows air to reach waterlogged parts
- alchemical — Alchemical means relating to the science of alchemy.
11 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
12 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
13 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
14 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
16 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
17 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- british-cameroons — German Kamerun. a region in W Africa: a German protectorate 1884–1919; divided in 1919 into British and French mandates.
18 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
21 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
23 letter words containing c, h, e, m
24 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
25 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
29 letter words containing c, h, e, m
32 letter words containing c, h, e, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, E, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6248 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, E, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.