Words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
7 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- cheilo- — chilo-
- cheloid — keloid
- choline — a colourless viscous soluble alkaline substance present in animal tissues, esp as a constituent of lecithin: used as a supplement to the diet of poultry and in medicine for preventing the accumulation of fat in the liver. Formula:[(CH3)3NCH2CH2OH]+OH–
- helico- — spiral or helical
- helicon — a mountain in S central Greece. 5738 feet (1749 meters): regarded by ancient Greeks as the abode of Apollo and the Muses.
8 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- chipotle — a smoked and dried jalapeno chilli pepper that is used in Mexican dishes
- chloride — Chloride is a chemical compound of chlorine and another substance.
- chlorine — Chlorine is a strong-smelling gas that is used to clean water and to make cleaning products.
- chlorite — any of a group of green soft secondary minerals consisting of the hydrated silicates of aluminium, iron, and magnesium in monoclinic crystalline form: common in metamorphic rocks
9 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- cephaloid — Shaped like the head or the brain.
- chamomile — camomile
- charleroi — a town in SW Belgium, in Hainaut province: centre of an industrial region. Pop: 200 608 (2004 est)
- cheilosis — Inflammation of one or both of the corners of the mouth.
- chelation — the process by which a chelate is formed
10 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- aerophilic — (biology, especially of microorganisms) That thrive in the presence of molecular oxygen.
- alcoholise — Alternative spelling of alcoholize.
- alcoholize — to turn into alcoholic drink, as by fermenting or mixing with alcohol
11 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- alcoholized — Simple past tense and past participle of alcoholize.
- allocheiria — a medical condition in which sensation is felt at a different point on the body from that stimulated
- amphicelous — concave on both sides, as the bodies of the vertebrae of fishes.
- archegonial — relating to an archegonium
12 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of accomplish.
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
- allelopathic — relating to or characterized by allelopathy
13 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- agrochemicals — Plural form of agrochemical.
- apheliotropic — growing in a direction away from the sunlight
- archaelogical — Nonstandard spelling of archaeological.
- archaeologian — (archaic) An archaeologist.
14 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- allelochemical — A chemical produced by a living organism, exerting a detrimental physiological effect on the individuals of another species when released into the environment.
- antihemophilic — That counteracts bleeding in hemophiliacs.
- antilymphocyte — (immunology, of an antibody) That acts against lymphocytes.
15 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- accomplishments — Plural form of accomplishment.
- allelochemicals — Plural form of allelochemical.
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- antitheoretical — opposed to or contradicting a theory
16 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
17 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- anthropogenically — In an anthropogenic way.
- architectonically — In terms of architectonics.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- chromolithographer — One engaged in chromolithography.
19 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anticholinesterases — Plural form of anticholinesterase.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chemolithoautotroph — (biology) A chemoautotroph or lithoautotroph.
20 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- bacteriochlorophylls — Plural form of bacteriochlorophyll.
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- chemotherapeutically — By means of chemotherapy.
21 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- electromyographically — By means of, or in terms of, electromyography.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- electrophysiologically — In an electrophysiological way.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- electroencephalographic — Of or pertaining to electroencephalography or electroencephalographs.
- electrophotographically — In an electrophotographic manner; by means of electrophotography.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
25 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- ethylmercurithiosalicylate — (organic compound) A salt or ester of ethylmercurithiosalicylic acid.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
27 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- electroencephalographically — In an electroencephalographic way.
29 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
30 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
32 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing c, h, e, l, o, i
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, E, L, O, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3732 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, E, L, O, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.