Words containing c, h, e
4 letter words containing c, h, e
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
5 letter words containing c, h, e
- ached — to have or suffer a continuous, dull pain: His whole body ached.
- beach — A beach is an area of sand or stones beside the sea.
- beche — a grab for retrieving tools used in drilling a well.
- beech — A beech or a beech tree is a tree with a smooth grey trunk.
- belch — If someone belches, they make a sudden noise in their throat because air has risen up from their stomach.
6 letter words containing c, h, e
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- apache — a member of a North American Indian people, formerly nomadic and warlike, inhabiting the southwestern US and N Mexico
7 letter words containing c, h, e
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
8 letter words containing c, h, e
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achenese — Atjehnese.
- achernar — the brightest star in the constellation Eridanus, visible only in the S hemisphere. Visual magnitude: 0.5; spectral type: B3V; distance: 144 light years
9 letter words containing c, h, e
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
- acanthite — the orthorhombic form of silver sulfide.
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
10 letter words containing c, h, e
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
11 letter words containing c, h, e
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
12 letter words containing c, h, e
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
13 letter words containing c, h, e
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
14 letter words containing c, h, e
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
15 letter words containing c, h, e
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
16 letter words containing c, h, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing c, h, e
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
18 letter words containing c, h, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
19 letter words containing c, h, e
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing c, h, e
21 letter words containing c, h, e
22 letter words containing c, h, e
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing c, h, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing c, h, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 22116 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.