Words containing c, a, u, s, e
5 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- cause — a person or thing that acts, happens, or exists in such a way that some specific thing happens as a result; the producer of an effect: You have been the cause of much anxiety. What was the cause of the accident?
6 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- accuse — If you accuse someone of doing something wrong or dishonest, you say or tell them that you believe that they did it.
- acutes — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- aeacus — a king of Aegina who, after he dies, becomes one of the three judges of the dead in the lower world, with Minos and Rhadamanthus
- casque — a helmet or a helmet-like process or structure, as on the bill of most hornbills
- caused — a person or thing that acts, happens, or exists in such a way that some specific thing happens as a result; the producer of an effect: You have been the cause of much anxiety. What was the cause of the accident?
7 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- accused — You can use the accused to refer to a person or a group of people charged with a crime or on trial for it.
- accuser — An accuser is a person who says that another person has done something wrong, especially that he or she has committed a crime.
- acerous — having no antennae.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- acquest — an acquisition
8 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- accursed — Some people use accursed to describe something which they are very annoyed about.
- accuseds — charged with a crime, wrongdoing, fault, etc.: the accused boy.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
9 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- acquiesce — If you acquiesce in something, you agree to do what someone wants or to accept what they do.
- actualise — to make actual or real; turn into action or fact.
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- acuteness — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
10 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acarpelous — without carpels
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acinaceous — containing or consisting of kernels, particularly the seeds or stones of grapes
11 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- acquiescent — Someone who is acquiescent is ready to agree to do what someone wants, or to accept what they do.
12 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
13 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
14 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
- androdioecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on separate plants
15 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
17 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- incommensurability — not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
19 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
20 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
22 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
24 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing c, a, u, s, e
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
On this page, we collect all words with C, A, U, S, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7726 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, A, U, S, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.