Words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
7 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
8 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- alcandre — the wife of Polybus who received Helen and Menelaus on their way home from Troy.
- alcindor — (Ferdinand) Lew(is, Jr.) original name of Abdul-Jabbar.
- calandra — A large Eurasian lark with a stout bill and a black patch on each side of the neck.
- caldrons — Plural form of caldron (Alternative spelling of cauldrons).
- calendar — A calendar is a chart or device which displays the date and the day of the week, and often the whole of a particular year divided up into months, weeks, and days.
9 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- androcles — (in Roman legend) a slave whose life was spared in the arena by a lion from whose paw he had once extracted a thorn
- barnacled — any marine crustacean of the subclass Cirripedia, usually having a calcareous shell, being either stalked (goose barnacle) and attaching itself to ship bottoms and floating timber, or stalkless (rock barnacle or acorn barnacle) and attaching itself to rocks, especially in the intertidal zone.
- calandria — a cylindrical vessel through which tubes pass, esp one forming part of an evaporator, heat exchanger, or nuclear reactor
- calendars — Plural form of calendar.
- calenders — Plural form of calender.
10 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- aldermanic — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
- anderlecht — a town in central Belgium, a suburb of Brussels. Pop: 92 755 (2004 est)
- brainchild — Someone's brainchild is an idea or invention that they have thought up or created.
- calamander — the hard black-and-brown striped wood of several trees of the genus Diospyros, esp D. quaesita of India and Sri Lanka, used in making furniture: family Ebenaceae
- calendared — a table or register with the days of each month and week in a year: He marked the date on his calendar.
11 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- adminicular — giving help; auxiliary, corroborative
- androphilic — Sexually attracted to men.
12 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adminiculary — Adminicular.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- andragogical — the methods or techniques used to teach adults: Many educators believe that the principles of andragogy, as advanced by Malcolm Knowles, have great relevance to adult education; others are not so certain.
- androclinium — clinandrium.
13 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- aerodynamical — relating to aerodynamics
- archidiaconal — of or relating to an archdeacon or his office
- bidirectional — (of a printhead) capable of printing from left to right and from right to left
14 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adenosclerosis — (medicine) The hardening of a gland.
- adrenergically — in a manner relating to the release or activation of adrenaline
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
15 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- adrenalectomies — Plural form of adrenalectomy.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- anti-radicalism — the holding or following of radical or extreme views or principles.
- anticardiolipin — (medicine, immunology) Directed against cardiolipin.
- appendicularian — of or relating to a family of molluscs (Appendicularia) characterized by their long tail appendages
16 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- backward-looking — If you describe someone or something as backward-looking, you disapprove of their attitudes, ideas, or actions because they are based on old-fashioned opinions or methods.
17 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- codlins-and-cream — an onagraceous plant, Epilobium hirsutum, native to Europe and Asia and introduced into North America, having purplish-red flowers and hairy stems and leaves
- color-coordinated — with all parts or elements related, blended, or matched to a particular color scheme.
- compartmentalised — Simple past tense and past participle of compartmentalise.
18 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- character-building — improving certain good or useful traits in a person's character, esp self-reliance, endurance, and courage
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- commercially-minded — knowledgeable about business; interested in making money
20 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- decompartmentalizing — Present participle of decompartmentalize.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
21 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
22 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- decompartmentalization — the act of decompartmentalizing
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
24 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
25 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
28 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- apple-touch-icon-precomposed — (programming) An alternative form of apple-touch-icon that is not subject to automatic modification (rounding, drop-shadow, reflective shine) as applied by iOS versions prior to iOS 7. A web page specifies a pre-composed icon by including an element in the like:
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
30 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
32 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing c, a, l, n, d, r
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with C, A, L, N, D, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3269 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, A, L, N, D, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.