Words containing b, o, d
4 letter words containing b, o, d
- bode — If something bodes ill, it makes you think that something bad will happen in the future. If something bodes well, it makes you think that something good will happen.
- bodo — a seaport in W Norway.
- body — Your body is all your physical parts, including your head, arms, and legs.
- bold — Bold lines or designs are drawn in a clear, strong way.
- bond — A bond between people is a strong feeling of friendship, love, or shared beliefs and experiences that unites them.
5 letter words containing b, o, d
- abdon — one of the minor judges of Israel. Judges 12:13–15.
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- adobe — Adobe is a mixture of mud and straw that is dried into bricks in the sun and used for building, especially in hot countries.
- adobo — the national dish of the Philippines, which consists of chunks of meat, fish, or vegetables, marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and spices and then stewed in the marinade
- bardo — (in Tibetan Buddhism) the state of the soul between its death and its rebirth
6 letter words containing b, o, d
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
7 letter words containing b, o, d
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- ambroid — amberoid
8 letter words containing b, o, d
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
9 letter words containing b, o, d
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
10 letter words containing b, o, d
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
11 letter words containing b, o, d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
12 letter words containing b, o, d
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- alloantibody — an antibody that reacts with an antigen from a genetically different individual of the same species.
- ambidextrous — Someone who is ambidextrous can use both their right hand and their left hand equally skilfully.
13 letter words containing b, o, d
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- ambassadorial — Ambassadorial means belonging or relating to an ambassador.
- anti-antibody — antibody that combines with another antibody.
- backwardation — the difference between the spot price for a commodity, including rent and interest, and the forward price
14 letter words containing b, o, d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
15 letter words containing b, o, d
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- bidirectionally — in a bidirectional manner
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
16 letter words containing b, o, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
17 letter words containing b, o, d
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
18 letter words containing b, o, d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing b, o, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing b, o, d
On this page, we collect all words with B, O, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8681 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains B, O, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.