Words containing b, a, o, u
5 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- about — You use about to introduce who or what something relates to or concerns.
- bayou — A bayou is a slow-moving, marshy area of water in the southern United States, especially Louisiana.
- bouar — a city in the W Central African Republic.
- obuda — a city in and the capital of Hungary, in the central part, on the Danube River: formed 1873 from two cities on the W bank of the Danube (Buda and Obuda) and one on the E bank (Pest)
6 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
- arbour — An arbour is a shelter in a garden which is formed by leaves and stems of plants growing close together over a light framework.
- baguio — a city in the N Philippines, on N Luzon: summer capital of the Republic. Pop: 287 000 (2005 est)
- banquo — a character in Shakespeare's Macbeth: the ghost of Banquo appears to Macbeth, who had ordered his murder
7 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abought — simple past tense and past participle of aby.
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- aboulia — abulia
- audubon — John James. 1785–1851, US naturalist and artist, noted particularly for his paintings of birds in Birds of America (1827–38)
8 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abeokuta — a town in W Nigeria, capital of Ogun state. Pop: 487 000 (2005 est)
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
9 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
10 letter words containing b, a, o, u
11 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
12 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
13 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- ambiguousness — open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.
- ambitiousness — having ambition; eagerly desirous of achieving or obtaining success, power, wealth, a specific goal, etc.: ambitious students.
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
14 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
15 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
16 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
17 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
18 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- pointe-aux-trembles — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, N of Montreal, on the St. Lawrence.
20 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
21 letter words containing b, a, o, u
22 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
32 letter words containing b, a, o, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with B, A, O, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5143 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains B, A, O, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.