Words containing b, a, n
3 letter words containing b, a, n
- ban — To ban something means to state officially that it must not be done, shown, or used.
4 letter words containing b, a, n
- anba — father: a title of a clergyman or saint in the Coptic Church.
- aonb — Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: an area designated by the appropriate government bodies as requiring protection to conserve and enhance its natural beauty
- banc — the seat on which judges sit in court.
- band — A band is a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz, rock, or pop.
- bane — The bane of someone or the bane of someone's life is something that frequently makes them feel unhappy or annoyed.
5 letter words containing b, a, n
- abdon — one of the minor judges of Israel. Judges 12:13–15.
- abner — a masculine name
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- abuna — the title given to the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox church
- alban — Saint. 3rd century ad, the first English martyr. He was beheaded by the Romans on the site on which St Alban's Abbey now stands, for admitting his conversion to Christianity. Feast day: June 17
6 letter words containing b, a, n
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- abient — tending to move away from a stimulus or situation.
- abnaki — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in Maine and Quebec
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
7 letter words containing b, a, n
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
8 letter words containing b, a, n
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abdicant — a person who abdicates
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
9 letter words containing b, a, n
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
10 letter words containing b, a, n
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
11 letter words containing b, a, n
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
12 letter words containing b, a, n
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
13 letter words containing b, a, n
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
14 letter words containing b, a, n
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
15 letter words containing b, a, n
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
16 letter words containing b, a, n
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
17 letter words containing b, a, n
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing b, a, n
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing b, a, n
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing b, a, n
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
22 letter words containing b, a, n
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing b, a, n
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing b, a, n
28 letter words containing b, a, n
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing b, a, n
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with B, A, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17360 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains B, A, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.