Words containing a, t, i, v
5 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- davit — a cranelike device, usually one of a pair, fitted with a tackle for suspending or lowering equipment, esp a lifeboat
6 letter words containing a, t, i, v
7 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- activin — a peptide that is synthesized in the pituitary gland and gonads and stimulates the secretion of FSH.
- advaita — one of the two principal Vedantic schools, asserting the existence of Brahman alone, whose appearance as the world is an illusion resulting from ignorance. Compare dvaita (def 2).
- akvavit — aquavit
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
8 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- activate — If a device or process is activated, something causes it to start working.
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- actives' — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
9 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- activated — to make active; cause to function or act.
10 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
11 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accusatival — of the accusative case
12 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
13 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
14 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
15 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anti-revolution — an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
16 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-calvinistic — the doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace. Compare Arminianism.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
17 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
18 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing a, t, i, v
21 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
26 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing a, t, i, v
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, T, I, V. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7811 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, T, I, V that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.