Words containing a, t, h, e, r
5 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- earth — (often initial capital letter) the planet third in order from the sun, having an equatorial diameter of 7926 miles (12,755 km) and a polar diameter of 7900 miles (12,714 km), a mean distance from the sun of 92.9 million miles (149.6 million km), and a period of revolution of 365.26 days, and having one satellite.
6 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- aether — ether
- anther — the terminal part of a stamen consisting usually of two lobes each containing two sacs in which the pollen matures
- barthe — Richmond, 1901–1989, U.S. sculptor.
- bather — A bather is a person who is swimming in the sea, or in a river or lake.
- bertha — a wide deep capelike collar, often of lace, usually to cover up a low neckline
7 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- airthed — a direction.
- amherst — Jeffrey, 1st Baron Amherst. 1717–97, British general who defeated the French in Canada (1758–60): governor general of British North America (1761–63)
- another — Another thing or person means an additional thing or person of the same type as one that already exists.
- aughter — to own; possess.
- barthes — Roland. 1915–80, French writer and critic, who applied structuralist theory to literature and popular culture: his books include Mythologies (1957) and Elements of Semiology (1964)
8 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
9 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
10 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- adherently — in an adherent manner
- affrighted — to frighten.
- afterbirth — the placenta and fetal membranes expelled from the uterus after the birth of the offspring
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
11 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- afterthought — If you do or say something as an afterthought, you do or say it after something else as an addition, perhaps without careful thought.
- air-breather — an aircraft, missile, or submarine engine that requires air from the atmosphere for the combustion of its fuel.
13 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
14 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
18 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
19 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
21 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
22 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
28 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
31 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
32 letter words containing a, t, h, e, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, T, H, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13308 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, T, H, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.