Words containing a, s, h, d, e
5 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- daesh — a name used to refer to ISIS/ISIL, the radical Sunni Muslim organization: use of this name is said to delegitimize the group's claim to be an "Islamic state.".
- dheas — dehydroisoandrosterone sulphate: a weak androgen produced by the adrenal cortex in both males and females
- hades — Geology. the angle between a fault plane and the vertical, measured perpendicular to the strike of the fault; complement of the dip.
- heads — the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- sadhe — the 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
6 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- bashed — to strike with a crushing or smashing blow.
- bedash — to dash against (something), as for example waves dash against rocks
- cashed — money in the form of coins or banknotes, especially that issued by a government.
- dashed — made up of dashes: a dashed line down the middle of the road.
- dasher — someone or something that dashes
7 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
- ashamed — If someone is ashamed, they feel embarrassed or guilty because of something they do or they have done, or because of their appearance.
- crashed — to make a loud, clattering noise, as of something dashed to pieces.
- dasehra — a Hindu festival symbolizing the triumph of good over evil, celebrated for ten days in October.
8 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- adhesion — Adhesion is the ability of one thing to stick firmly to another.
- adhesive — An adhesive is a substance such as glue, which is used to make things stick firmly together.
- asphodel — any of various S European liliaceous plants of the genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, having clusters of white or yellow flowers
- bethesda — a pool in Jerusalem reputed to have healing powers, where a paralysed man was healed by Jesus (John 5:2)
- caboshed — (of an animal, as a deer) shown facing forward without a neck: a stag's head caboshed.
9 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- almohades — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa during the 12th and 13th centuries.
- anguished — Anguished means showing or feeling great mental suffering or physical pain.
- anhydrase — an enzyme that catalyses the removal of water
10 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- adhesively — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aldohexose — any aldose containing six carbon atoms, such as glucose or mannose
- archimedes — ?287–212 bc, Greek mathematician and physicist of Syracuse, noted for his work in geometry, hydrostatics, and mechanics
11 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- archdiocese — An archdiocese is the area over which an archbishop has control.
- archduchess — the wife or widow of an archduke
- arthrodesis — the fusion of bones in a joint through surgery which causes immobility of the joint
12 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
13 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
14 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- barrel-chested — A barrel-chested man has a large, rounded chest.
- blade-shearing — the shearing of sheep using hand shears
- cambridgeshire — a county of E England, in East Anglia: includes the former counties of the Isle of Ely and Huntingdon and lies largely in the Fens: Peterborough became an independent unitary authority in 1998. Administrative centre: Cambridge. Pop (excluding Peterborough): 571 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Peterborough): 3068 sq km (184 sq miles)
- catastrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of catastrophize.
- chordamesoderm — a kind of mesoderm that develops into the notochord
15 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- chenopodiaceous — belonging to the Chenopodiaceae, formerly the goosefoot family, now considered part of the amaranth family of plants.
16 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
17 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
20 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- pseudo-psychological — of or relating to psychology.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
22 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
26 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
34 letter words containing a, s, h, d, e
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with A, S, H, D, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5294 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, S, H, D, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.