Words containing a, s, h, d
4 letter words containing a, s, h, d
5 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- daesh — a name used to refer to ISIS/ISIL, the radical Sunni Muslim organization: use of this name is said to delegitimize the group's claim to be an "Islamic state.".
- dashi — a clear stock made from dried fish and kelp
- dashy — intended to draw attention; showy
- dheas — dehydroisoandrosterone sulphate: a weak androgen produced by the adrenal cortex in both males and females
- dosha — Any of the three regulatory principles of Ayurveda.
6 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- ashdod — a town in central Israel, on the Mediterranean coast: an important city in the Philistine Empire, with its artificial harbour (1961) it is now a major port. Pop: 192 000 (2003 est)
- bashed — to strike with a crushing or smashing blow.
- bedash — to dash against (something), as for example waves dash against rocks
- cashed — money in the form of coins or banknotes, especially that issued by a government.
- chasid — Hasid.
7 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
- ashamed — If someone is ashamed, they feel embarrassed or guilty because of something they do or they have done, or because of their appearance.
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- ashford — a market town in SE England, in central Kent. Pop: 58 936 (2001)
8 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- adhesion — Adhesion is the ability of one thing to stick firmly to another.
- adhesive — An adhesive is a substance such as glue, which is used to make things stick firmly together.
- admonish — If you admonish someone, you tell them very seriously that they have done something wrong.
- amidship — in or toward the middle part of a ship or aircraft; midway between the ends.
- asphodel — any of various S European liliaceous plants of the genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, having clusters of white or yellow flowers
9 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- almohades — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa during the 12th and 13th centuries.
- amidships — Amidships means halfway along the length of a ship.
- anguished — Anguished means showing or feeling great mental suffering or physical pain.
10 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- adhesively — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aldohexose — any aldose containing six carbon atoms, such as glucose or mannose
- amphidamas — a son of Aleus who, with his brother Cepheus, joined the Argonauts.
11 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
12 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
13 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
14 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- barrel-chested — A barrel-chested man has a large, rounded chest.
- blade-shearing — the shearing of sheep using hand shears
15 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
16 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
17 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
21 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
26 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
27 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, s, h, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, S, H, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6758 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, S, H, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.