Words containing a, r, u
4 letter words containing a, r, u
- amur — a river in NE Asia, rising in N Mongolia as the Argun and flowing southeast, then northeast to the Sea of Okhotsk: forms the boundary between Manchuria and Russia. Length: about 4350 km (2700 miles)
- arum — any plant of the aroid genus Arum, of Europe and the Mediterranean region, having arrow-shaped leaves and a typically white spathe
- asur — Assur.
- auer — Karl (karl), Baron von Welsbach. 1858–1929, Austrian chemist who discovered the alloy of cerium and iron used for flints in cigarette lighters and invented the incandescent gas mantle
- aura — An aura is a quality or feeling that seems to surround a person or place or to come from them.
5 letter words containing a, r, u
- aarau — a town in N Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton: capital of the Helvetic Republic from 1798 to 1803. Pop: 15 470 (2000)
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- acrux — a star of the first magnitude in the constellation Southern Cross.
- adour — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- agura — agora2 .
6 letter words containing a, r, u
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- aarhus — Århus
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
7 letter words containing a, r, u
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- abruzzi — a region of S central Italy, between the Apennines and the Adriatic. Capital: Aquila. Pop: 1 273 284 (2003 est). Area: 10 794 sq km (4210 sq miles)
- abutter — the owner of adjoining property
- accrual — In finance, the accrual of something such as interest or investments is the adding together of interest or different investments over a period of time.
8 letter words containing a, r, u
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- abu-bakr — a.d. 573-634; successor of Mohammed & 1st caliph of Islam ( a.d. 632-634): father of Aisha
9 letter words containing a, r, u
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
10 letter words containing a, r, u
11 letter words containing a, r, u
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
12 letter words containing a, r, u
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
13 letter words containing a, r, u
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
14 letter words containing a, r, u
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
15 letter words containing a, r, u
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
16 letter words containing a, r, u
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
17 letter words containing a, r, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
18 letter words containing a, r, u
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
19 letter words containing a, r, u
20 letter words containing a, r, u
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
22 letter words containing a, r, u
23 letter words containing a, r, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with A, R, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29082 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, R, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.