Words containing a, r, i, s
4 letter words containing a, r, i, s
5 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- abris — a shelter, especially a dugout.
- aesir — the chief gods of Norse mythology dwelling in Asgard
- airts — a direction.
- arias — a nymph, the mother of Miletus, by Apollo.
- aries — Aries is one of the twelve signs of the zodiac. Its symbol is a ram. People who are born approximately between 21st March and 19th April come under this sign.
6 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- aeries — the nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk.
- agrius — one of the Gigantes.
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- airish — given to putting on airs.
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
7 letter words containing a, r, i, s
8 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- abristle — Bristling.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- acquires — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
9 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
10 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
11 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
12 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
17 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
18 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words containing a, r, i, s
21 letter words containing a, r, i, s
22 letter words containing a, r, i, s
23 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
25 letter words containing a, r, i, s
28 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, r, i, s
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, R, I, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29655 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, R, I, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.