Words containing a, p, r, o, x
6 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- approx — Alternative spelling of approx.
7 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- airprox — a near collision between two or more aircraft
- approx. — Approx. is a written abbreviation for approximately.
- exocarp — The outer layer of the pericarp of a fruit.
- paradox — a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.
- proxima — a flare star in the constellation Centaurus that is the nearest star to the sun. It is a red dwarf of very low magnitude. Distance: 4.3 light years
8 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- doxapram — a drug used to stimulate the respiratory process
- exocarps — Plural form of exocarp.
- exophora — Reference in a text or utterance to something external to it, which is only fully intelligible in terms of information about the extralinguistic situation.
- expiator — One who makes expiation or atonement.
- naproxen — a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory substance, C 1 4 H 1 4 O 3 , used chiefly in the management of certain types of arthritis and as a painkiller.
9 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- aprosexia — Inability to concentrate.
- auxospore — a diatom cell before its silicaceous cell wall is formed
- auxotroph — a mutant strain of microorganism having nutritional requirements additional to those of the normal organism
- exophoria — (ophthalmology) A form of heterophoria in which there is a tendency of the eyes to deviate outward.
- exosporal — of or relating to the exospores of algae or fungi
10 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- approximal — situated side by side; close together
- auxospores — Plural form of auxospore.
- auxotrophs — Plural form of auxotroph.
- auxotrophy — the inability to synthesize particular growth factors, due to mutational changes
- contraplex — relating to the transmission of two messages in opposite directions simultaneously
11 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- adoxography — Fine writing on a minor or trivial subject.
- androsphinx — a sphinx having the head of a man
- approximant — an articulation in which one articulator is close to another, but not sufficiently so to form a stop or a fricative.
- approximate — An approximate number, time, or position is close to the correct number, time, or position, but is not exact.
- asphyxiator — to produce asphyxia in.
12 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- approximated — near or approaching a certain state, condition, goal, or standard.
- approximates — near or approaching a certain state, condition, goal, or standard.
- approximator — Something that approximates.
- archeopteryx — A specimen of the species Archaeopteryx lithographica, being the earliest and most primitive known bird, representing a transition in the evolution of dinosaurs to birds.
- autoexposure — A device that sets the exposure automatically on a camera or other piece of equipment.
13 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- approximately — close to; around; roughly or in the region of
- approximating — Present participle of approximate.
- approximation — An approximation is a fact, object, or description which is similar to something else, but which is not exactly the same.
- approximative — (of a method, description, etc.) giving only an approximation to something.
- archaeopteryx — any of several extinct primitive birds constituting the genus Archaeopteryx, esp A. lithographica, which occurred in Jurassic times and had teeth, a long tail, well-developed wings, and a body covering of feathers
14 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- alexipharmakon — an antidote to poison
- approximations — Plural form of approximation.
- approximeeting — the practice of a group of people making indefinite plans to meet and then altering those plans regularly via mobile phones according to changing circumstances
- castrop-rauxel — an industrial city in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia. Pop: 78 208 (2003 est)
- counterexample — an example or fact that is inconsistent with a hypothesis and may be used in argument against it
15 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- approximateness — The quality of being approximate.
- cephalothoraxes — Plural form of cephalothorax.
- chromoxylograph — a coloured print created from printing with wooden blocks
16 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- dextromethorphan — (pharmaceutical drug) An antitussive drug (a cough suppressant) that is found in many over-the-counter cold and cough preparations.
- experimentations — Plural form of experimentation.
17 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- dark-complexioned — (of a person) having a dark complexion
- dextroamphetamine — a dextrorotatory amphetamine, used to suppress appetite
- export-orientated — (of an industry, company, etc) mainly concerned with the export of goods or services
- hydroxytryptamine — (organic compound) Any hydroxy derivative of tryptamine, but especially 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin).
18 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- extemporaneousness — The degree or property of being extemporaneous.
- hexachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of forty-two isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing six chlorine atoms.
- hexaphosphorylated — (biochemistry) phosphorylated with six units of phosphoric acid.
- hydroxynaphthalene — naphthol.
- hydroxytryptamines — Plural form of hydroxytryptamine.
19 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- expressionistically — In an expressionistic manner.
- hexafluoroplatinate — (chemistry) The univalent anion PtF6- prepared by reacting platinum hexafluoride with certain metals or other elements.
- pointe-aux-trembles — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, N of Montreal, on the St. Lawrence.
- pseudo-experimental — pertaining to, derived from, or founded on experiment: an experimental science.
- xenotransplantation — xenograft.
22 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
34 letter words containing a, p, r, o, x
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, R, O, X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 656 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, R, O, X that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.