Words containing a, p, r, o
5 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- aport — on or towards the port side
- appro — (of a purchase) approval: on appro.
- apron — An apron is a piece of clothing that you put on over the front of your normal clothes and tie round your waist, especially when you are cooking, in order to prevent your clothes from getting dirty.
- aspro — an associate professor at an academic institution
- carpo — an ancient Greek goddess of summer fruit, considered by Athenians as one of the Horae.
6 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- aporia — a doubt, real or professed, about what to do or say
- apport — the production of objects by apparently supernatural means at a spiritualists' seance
- appros — (of a purchase) approval: on appro.
- aprowl — moving about in stealthy search; covertly stalking or hunting; prowling (usually used predicatively): The sudden silence in the jungle gave warning that some huge carnivore was aprowl.
7 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adopter — person who adopts a child
- agriope — Eurydice.
- airdrop — a delivery of supplies, troops, etc, from an aircraft by parachute
- airport — An airport is a place where aircraft land and take off, which has buildings and facilities for passengers.
8 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- afro-pop — African pop music played on electric instruments and inspired by Western pop or soul music.
- agitprop — Agitprop is the use of artistic forms such as drama or posters to further political aims.
9 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
10 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
11 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
12 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
13 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
15 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
16 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
19 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
26 letter words containing a, p, r, o
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, R, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17367 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, R, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.