Words containing a, p, r, i, o
6 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
7 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- agriope — Eurydice.
- airdrop — a delivery of supplies, troops, etc, from an aircraft by parachute
- airport — An airport is a place where aircraft land and take off, which has buildings and facilities for passengers.
- aporiae — Rhetoric. the expression of a simulated or real doubt, as about where to begin or what to do or say.
- apricot — An apricot is a small, soft, round fruit with yellowish-orange flesh and a stone inside.
8 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- agitprop — Agitprop is the use of artistic forms such as drama or posters to further political aims.
- airproof — impervious to air
- amorphic — Having no defined shape, lacking form; amorphous.
- amphoric — resembling the sound produced by blowing into a bottle. Amphoric breath sounds are heard through a stethoscope placed over a cavity in the lung
- apaporis — a river in S central Colombia, in the Amazon system, flowing SE to the Japurá River. 500 miles (805 km) long.
9 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- adipocere — a waxlike fatty substance formed during the decomposition of corpses
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
10 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
- acrophobic — a pathological fear of heights.
11 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
12 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
13 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
14 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
19 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
23 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
24 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
26 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
31 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
32 letter words containing a, p, r, i, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, R, I, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10985 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, R, I, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.