Words containing a, p, r, e
5 letter words containing a, p, r, e
6 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- ampere — An ampere is a unit which is used for measuring electric current. The abbreviation amp is also used.
- apercu — outline
- appear — If you say that something appears to be the way you describe it, you are reporting what you believe or what you have been told, though you cannot be sure it is true.
- arpent — a former French unit of length equal to 190 feet (approximately 58 metres)
7 letter words containing a, p, r, e
8 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- accepter — a person or thing that accepts.
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
9 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
10 letter words containing a, p, r, e
11 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
12 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
13 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
14 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
15 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
16 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
21 letter words containing a, p, r, e
22 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
26 letter words containing a, p, r, e
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 21649 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.