Words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
6 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- planet — Astronomy. Also called major planet. any of the eight large heavenly bodies revolving about the sun and shining by reflected light: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune, in the order of their proximity to the sun. Until 2006, Pluto was classified as a planet ninth in order from the sun; it has been reclassified as a dwarf planet. a similar body revolving about a star other than the sun. (formerly) a celestial body moving in the sky, as distinguished from a fixed star, applied also to the sun and moon.
- plante — Jacques [zhahk] /ʒɑk/ (Show IPA), 1929–86, Canadian ice-hockey player.
- platen — a flat plate in a printing press for pressing the paper against the inked type or plate to produce an impression.
7 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- aplenty — If you have something aplenty, you have a lot of it.
- lepanto — Greek Návpaktos. a seaport in W Greece, on the Lepanto Strait: Turkish sea power destroyed here 1571.
- pantile — a roofing tile straight in its length but curved in its width to overlap the next tile.
- penalty — a punishment imposed or incurred for a violation of law or rule.
- planate — having a plane or flat surface.
8 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- antelope — An antelope is an animal like a deer, with long legs and horns, that lives in Africa or Asia. Antelopes are graceful and can run fast. There are many different types of antelope.
- antipole — the opposite pole
- appleton — Sir Edward (Victor). 1892–1965, English physicist, noted particularly for his research on the ionosphere: Nobel prize for physics 1947
- clap-net — a net, used esp by entomologists, that can be closed instantly by pulling a string
9 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- analeptic — (of a drug, etc) stimulating the central nervous system
- antipedal — (in a mollusk) located opposite the foot.
- aplanetic — (esp of some algal and fungal spores) nonmotile or lacking a motile stage
- appellant — An appellant is someone who is appealing against a court's decision after they have been judged guilty of a crime.
- applanate — having a horizontally flattened form.
10 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- alipterion — (in an ancient Roman bath) a room for anointment.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- alpestrine — (of plants) growing at high altitudes; subalpine
- analphabet — an illiterate person unfamiliar with the letters of the alphabet
- antechapel — the outer part of a chapel at the west end
11 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
- amylopectin — the major component of starch (about 80 per cent), consisting of branched chains of glucose units. It is insoluble and gives a red-brown colour with iodine
- analeptics' — restoring; invigorating; giving strength after disease.
- antenuptial — a contract made between a man and a woman before they marry, agreeing on the distribution of their assets in the event of divorce
12 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
- analphabetic — not in alphabetical order
- anteprandial — before dinner
13 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- anticipatable — capable of being anticipated
- antipersonnel — (of weapons, etc) designed to cause casualties to personnel rather than to destroy equipment or defences
- appendiculate — having appendicles
14 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- anteroparietal — situated in a forward part or on the wall of an organ or cavity.
- antineoplastic — acting against tumours
- antirepublican — opposed to the principles or practice of republicanism
- antiseptically — with the aid of antiseptics.
15 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- antepenultimate — third from last
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- antiperistalsis — contractions of the intestine that force the contents in the opposite direction to the normal
16 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
17 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
18 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
19 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
- departmentalization — to divide into departments.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
20 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
21 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
- pentamethylenediamine — cadaverine.
22 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- pentachloronitrobenzene — a crystalline compound, C 6 Cl 5 NO 2 , used as an herbicide and insecticide. Abbreviation: PCNB.
24 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
28 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
31 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
32 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
45 letter words containing a, p, l, e, n, t
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, L, E, N, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5804 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, L, E, N, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.