Words containing a, p
2 letter words containing a, p
- ap — son of: occurring as part of some surnames of Welsh origin
3 letter words containing a, p
- aap — Australian Associated Press
- abp — archbishop
- adp — adenosine diphosphate; a nucleotide derived from ATP with the liberation of energy that is then used in the performance of muscular work
- afp — alpha-fetoprotein
- alp — (in the European Alps) an area of pasture above the valley bottom but below the mountain peaks
4 letter words containing a, p
- aarp — American Association of Retired Persons
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
- alps — a mountain range in S central Europe, extending over 1000 km (650 miles) from the Mediterranean coast of France and NW Italy through Switzerland, N Italy, and Austria to Slovenia. Highest peak: Mont Blanc, 4807 m (15 771 ft)
- amps — amputation.
- anpr — Automatic Number Plate Recognition: a surveillance technology which uses optical character recognition on camera images to read a vehicle's numberplate
5 letter words containing a, p
- abamp — Electricity. abampere.
- adapt — If you adapt to a new situation or adapt yourself to it, you change your ideas or behaviour in order to deal with it successfully.
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
6 letter words containing a, p
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- agapae — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
7 letter words containing a, p
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- acapnia — the state of lacking carbon dioxide in the blood
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
8 letter words containing a, p
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
9 letter words containing a, p
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
10 letter words containing a, p
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
11 letter words containing a, p
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
12 letter words containing a, p
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
13 letter words containing a, p
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
14 letter words containing a, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing a, p
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
16 letter words containing a, p
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing a, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing a, p
19 letter words containing a, p
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing a, p
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
23 letter words containing a, p
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with A, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 46533 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.