Words containing a, n, c, o, l
5 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- alcon — a noted archer who helped Hercules abduct the cattle of Geryon.
6 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- alnico — an alloy of aluminium, nickel, cobalt, iron, and copper, used to make permanent magnets
- balcon — Sir Michael. 1896–1977, British film producer; his films made at Ealing Studios include the comedies Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) and The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
- blanco — Serge (sɛrʒ). born 1958, French Rugby Union footballer; won 93 caps (1980–91) and scored 38 tries in internationals (a French record)
- calgon — a chemical compound, sodium hexametaphosphate, with water-softening properties, used in detergents
- canola — Canola or canola oil is a type of vegetable oil used in cooking.
7 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acyloin — an organic compound containing a hydroxyl group attached to a carbonyl group
- aglucon — an aglycon, especially one combined with glucose to form a glycoside.
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- alarcon — Pedro Antonio de (ˈpeðro anˈtonjo de). 1833–91, Spanish novelist and short-story writer, noted for his humorous sketches of rural life, esp in The Three-Cornered Hat (1874)
- alcoran — the Koran
8 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- alcindor — (Ferdinand) Lew(is, Jr.) original name of Abdul-Jabbar.
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
- alcmaeon — a son of Amphiaraus and Eriphyle who commanded the second expedition against Thebes. He killed his mother for sending his father to certain death and was driven mad by the Furies.
9 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- acylation — the introduction into a chemical compound of an acyl group
- albinotic — of or relating to albinism.
- alcimedon — an Arcadian hero whose daughter, Philao, was seduced by Hercules.
- alcyoneus — a giant who threw a stone at Hercules and was killed when Hercules hit the stone back with his club.
10 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- acotyledon — any plant, such as a fern or moss, that does not possess cotyledons
- acronychal — occurring at sunset
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
11 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
12 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
13 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
14 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
15 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
16 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
19 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
20 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
21 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
22 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with A, N, C, O, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12216 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, N, C, O, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.