Words containing a, l, u, m
4 letter words containing a, l, u, m
5 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- album — An album is a record with about 25 minutes of music on each side. You can also refer to a collection of songs that is available on a record or CD as an album.
- algum — a type of wood, mentioned in the Bible
- almug — a type of tree or wood mentioned in the Bible, thought to be a variety of sandalwood
- ampul — a sealed glass or plastic container for one dose of a sterile medicine to be injected parenterally
- glaum — to snatch at something
6 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- aimful — possessing purpose or aim
- alarum — an alarm, esp a call to arms
- allium — any plant of the genus Allium, such as the onion, garlic, shallot, leek, or chive: family Alliaceae
- almous — alms.
- almuce — a fur-lined hood or cape formerly worn by members of certain religious orders, more recently by canons of France
7 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- albumen — Albumen is the same as albumin.
- albumin — Albumin is a protein that is found in blood plasma, egg white, and some other substances.
- almique — a West African tree, Manilkara albescens, of the sapodilla family.
- alodium — allodium
- alumina — an oxide of aluminum, Al2O3, present in bauxite and clay and found as different forms of corundum, including emery, sapphires, and rubies
8 letter words containing a, l, u, m
9 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
- almshouse — Almshouses are houses in Britain which were built and run by charities to provide accommodation for poor or old people who could not afford to pay rent.
- aluminate — a salt of the ortho or meta acid forms of aluminium hydroxide containing the ions AlO2– or AlO33–
10 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- adullamite — a person who has withdrawn from a political group and joined with a few others to form a dissident group
- alabastrum — alabastron.
11 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- albuminoids — any of a class of simple proteins, as keratin, gelatin, or collagen, that are insoluble in all neutral solvents; scleroprotein.
- albuminuria — the presence of albumin in the urine
- aleuromancy — (in ancient times) the use of flour as a means of divination.
12 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
13 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- aluminography — algraphy.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
14 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- anti-smuggling — to import or export (goods) secretly, in violation of the law, especially without payment of legal duty.
- anti-stimulant — Physiology, Medicine/Medical. something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part: Adrenalin is a stimulant for the heart. Compare depressant (def 4).
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
15 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- antepenultimate — third from last
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
16 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- automanipulation — physical stimulation of one's own genitals.
- circumstantially — of pertaining to, or derived from circumstances: a circumstantial result.
- consequentialism — the doctrine that an action is right or wrong according as its consequences are good or bad
17 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
18 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
- hyperbilirubinemia — an abnormally high level of bilirubin in the blood, manifested by jaundice, anorexia, and malaise, occurring in association with liver disease and certain hemolytic anemias.
- immunohistological — the microscopic study of tissues with the aid of antibodies that bind to tissue components and reveal their presence.
- immunopharmacology — the branch of pharmacology concerned with the immune system
19 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing a, l, u, m
21 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
22 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
25 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
32 letter words containing a, l, u, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, U, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7396 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, U, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.