Words containing a, l, n
4 letter words containing a, l, n
5 letter words containing a, l, n
- agnel — a gold coin of France of the 13th–16th centuries, bearing the figure of a lamb.
- alban — Saint. 3rd century ad, the first English martyr. He was beheaded by the Romans on the site on which St Alban's Abbey now stands, for admitting his conversion to Christianity. Feast day: June 17
- alcon — a noted archer who helped Hercules abduct the cattle of Geryon.
- aldan — a river in E Russia in the SE Sakha Republic, rising in the Aldan Mountains and flowing north and west to the Lena River. Length: about 2700 km (1700 miles)
- alden — John1599?-1687; Pilgrim settler in Plymouth Colony: character in Longfellow's poem “The Courtship of Miles Standish”
6 letter words containing a, l, n
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- adenyl — a derivative of adenine
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
- aglint — displaying bright points of light, as by reflection; glittering: a diamond tiara aglint under the ballroom lights.
- agnail — a sore or swelling around a fingernail or toenail
7 letter words containing a, l, n
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
8 letter words containing a, l, n
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
9 letter words containing a, l, n
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
10 letter words containing a, l, n
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
11 letter words containing a, l, n
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhominable — abominable.
12 letter words containing a, l, n
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
13 letter words containing a, l, n
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words containing a, l, n
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
15 letter words containing a, l, n
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
16 letter words containing a, l, n
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
17 letter words containing a, l, n
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
18 letter words containing a, l, n
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing a, l, n
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing a, l, n
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
21 letter words containing a, l, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, l, n
23 letter words containing a, l, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 45134 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.