Words containing a, l, m, e, r
5 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- lamer — crippled or physically disabled, especially in the foot or leg so as to limp or walk with difficulty.
6 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- almery — a cupboard built into a church wall used for storing sacred oils, church vessels, and other similar items
- ambler — Eric. 1909–1998, English novelist. His thrillers include The Mask of Dimitrios (1939), Journey into Fear (1940), A Kind of Anger (1964), and Doctor Frigo (1974)
- armlet — a small arm, as of a lake, the sea, etc
- balmer — Johann Jakob. 1825–98, Swiss mathematician; discovered a formula giving the wavelengths of a series of lines in the hydrogen spectrum (the Balmer series)
- calmer — without rough motion; still or nearly still: a calm sea.
7 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- alarmed — If someone is alarmed, they feel afraid or anxious that something unpleasant or dangerous might happen.
- almemar — (in Ashkenazic usage) the raised platform in a synagogue on which the reading desk stands
- almeria — a port in S Spain. Pop: 176 727 (2003 est)
- almoner — In Britain, an almoner is a social worker who works in a hospital.
- armhole — The armholes of something such as a shirt or dress are the openings through which you put your arms, or the places where the sleeves are attached.
8 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- aglimmer — glimmering
- ahemeral — not constituting a full 24-hour day
- alderman — In some parts of the United States and Canada, an alderman is a member of the governing body of a city.
- alembert — Jean Le Rond [zhahn luh rawn] /ʒɑ̃ lə ˈrɔ̃/ (Show IPA), 1717?–83, French mathematician, philosopher, and writer: associate of Diderot.
- alkermes — a Mediterranean liqueur made from brandy flavored with nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and other spices, and colored red with kermes or cochineal.
9 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- admirable — An admirable quality or action is one that deserves to be praised and admired.
- airmobile — capable of being moved by air, esp by helicopter
- albemarle — a city in central North Carolina.
- algometer — an instrument for measuring sensitivity to pressure (pressure algometer) or to pain
- algometry — a device for determining sensitiveness to pain caused by pressure.
10 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- aldermanic — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
- aldermanry — the district, office, or rank of an alderman.
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
11 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- aeromedical — relating to the medical treatment of disorders associated with air or space travel
- agglomerate — to form or be formed into a mass or cluster; collect
12 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- aeroembolism — an embolism of air bubbles often caused by surgery, induced abortion, or decompression sickness
- agglomerated — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- agglomerator — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
13 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
14 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- anglo-american — of or relating to relations between England and the United States or their peoples
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
- arithmetically — the method or process of computation with figures: the most elementary branch of mathematics.
- assemblyperson — a member of a legislative assembly, especially a member of the lower house of the legislature in certain states of the U.S.
15 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
16 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
17 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- circumterrestrial — surrounding or revolving about the earth.
18 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
20 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- hexamethylenetetramine — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 6 H 12 N 4 , used as a vulcanization accelerator, an absorbent in gas masks, in the manufacture of the explosive RDX and synthetic resins, and in medicine as a diuretic and urinary antiseptic.
23 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
25 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
28 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
32 letter words containing a, l, m, e, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, M, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9935 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, M, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.