Words containing a, l, k
4 letter words containing a, l, k
5 letter words containing a, l, k
- akala — a Hawaiian shrub or climber, Rubus macraei, bearing a large, red, edible raspberry.
- akela — the adult leader of a pack of Cub Scouts
- akola — a city in Maharashtra, W central India, on the Morna River.
- alack — used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc.
- aleck — a male given name, form of Alexander.
6 letter words containing a, l, k
- akeley — Carl Ethan, 1864–1926, U.S. naturalist, explorer, and sculptor.
- akmola — Astana
- alaska — the largest state of the US, in the extreme northwest of North America: the aboriginal inhabitants are Inuit and Yupik; the earliest White settlements were made by the Russians; it was purchased by the US from Russia in 1867. It is mostly mountainous and volcanic, rising over 6000 m (20 000 ft), with the Yukon basin in the central region; large areas are covered by tundra; it has important mineral resources (chiefly coal, oil, and natural gas). Capital: Juneau. Pop: 648 818 (2003 est). Area: 1 530 694 sq km (591 004 sq miles)
- alcock — Sir John William. 1892–1919, English aviator who with A.W. Brown made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic (1919)
- alkali — An alkali is a substance with a pH value of more than 7. Alkalis form chemical salts when they are combined with acids.
7 letter words containing a, l, k
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- alaskan — of or relating to Alaska or its inhabitants
- alborak — the white horse that Muhammad rode to heaven.
- alkalic — (of igneous rocks) containing large amounts of alkalis, esp sodium and potassium
- alkanet — a European boraginaceous plant, Alkanna tinctoria, the roots of which yield a red dye
8 letter words containing a, l, k
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- akeldama — Aceldama.
- alchevsk — a city in E Ukraine. Pop: 117 000 (2005 est)
- alcolock — a breath-alcohol ignition-interlock device fitted to the ignition in certain motor vehicles. The driver must blow into a tube and, if his or her breath contains too much alcohol, a lock is activated to prevent the vehicle starting
9 letter words containing a, l, k
10 letter words containing a, l, k
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
- al-bukhari — Muhammad ibn Ismaʿil [ib-uh n is-mah-eel] /ˈɪb ən ɪsˈmɑ il/ (Show IPA), a.d. 810–870, a collector of the Hadith.
- alanbrooke — Alan Francis Brooke, 1st Viscount. 1883–1963, British field marshal; chief of Imperial General Staff (1941–46)
- alkalinity — the quality or state of being alkaline
11 letter words containing a, l, k
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- alkalescent — developing alkaline qualities
- alkalimeter — an apparatus for determining the concentration of alkalis in solution
12 letter words containing a, l, k
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- alkalization — Alkalinization.
13 letter words containing a, l, k
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- ankyloglossia — tongue-tie.
14 letter words containing a, l, k
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- avalokitesvara — a male Bodhisattva, widely revered and identified with various persons and gods.
15 letter words containing a, l, k
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing a, l, k
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- cloak-and-dagger — A cloak-and-dagger activity is one which involves mystery and secrecy.
- cloak-and-suiter — a manufacturer or seller of clothing.
17 letter words containing a, l, k
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
- cock-a-doodle-doo — an imitation or representation of a cock crowing
- kaleidoscopically — of, relating to, or created by a kaleidoscope.
18 letter words containing a, l, k
19 letter words containing a, l, k
21 letter words containing a, l, k
24 letter words containing a, l, k
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, K. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7441 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, K that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.