Words containing a, l, i, n, g
5 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- algin — alginic acid or one of its esters or salts, esp the gelatinous solution obtained as a by-product in the extraction of iodine from seaweed, used in mucilages and for thickening jellies
- align — If you align yourself with a particular group, you support them because you have the same political aim.
6 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aglint — displaying bright points of light, as by reflection; glittering: a diamond tiara aglint under the ballroom lights.
- agnail — a sore or swelling around a fingernail or toenail
- ailing — An ailing organization or society is in difficulty and is becoming weaker.
- algins — any hydrophilic, colloidal substance found in or obtained from various kelps, as alginic acid or one of its soluble salts.
- anglia — England
7 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- addling — mentally confused; muddled.
- aligned — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- alining — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- allying — to unite formally, as by treaty, league, marriage, or the like (usually followed by with or to): Russia allied itself to France.
- althing — the bicameral parliament of Iceland
8 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
- agential — pertaining to an agent or agency.
- aglisten — refulgent; glistening.
- alarming — Something that is alarming makes you feel afraid or anxious that something unpleasant or dangerous might happen.
- alerting — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
9 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
10 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- accusingly — to charge with the fault, offense, or crime (usually followed by of): He accused him of murder.
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- admiringly — displaying or feeling admiration: admiring looks.
- afflicting — deeply distressing; painful
11 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
- agglutinant — sticking together; adhesive
12 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- acutilingual — having a sharply pointed tongue or mouth, as certain bees.
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
13 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
14 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- anesthesiology — the science of anesthesia and anesthetics
15 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
16 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
17 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- gastroenterocolitis — (medicine) inflammation of the stomach, small intestines, and colon.
20 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
22 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
32 letter words containing a, l, i, n, g
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, I, N, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10391 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, I, N, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.