Words containing a, l, g
4 letter words containing a, l, g
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- aglu — a breathing hole made in ice by a seal
- agly — off the right line; awry; wrong.
- alg. — Algeria(n)
- alga — A simple nonflowering plant of a large group that includes the seaweeds and many single-celled forms . Algae contain chlorophyll but lack true stems, roots, leaves, and vascular tissue.
5 letter words containing a, l, g
- agile — Someone who is agile can move quickly and easily.
- aglet — a metal sheath or tag at the end of a shoelace, ribbon, etc
- agley — awry; askew
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- agnel — a gold coin of France of the 13th–16th centuries, bearing the figure of a lamb.
6 letter words containing a, l, g
7 letter words containing a, l, g
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- adagial — proverbial
- addling — mentally confused; muddled.
- adelgid — any of various homopterous insects of the family Adelgidae, as Adelges abietis (spruce gall aphid) and Pineus pinifoliae (pine leaf aphid) that feed and form galls on conifers.
8 letter words containing a, l, g
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
- acrology — acrophony.
- aerology — the study of the atmosphere, particularly its upper layers
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
9 letter words containing a, l, g
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
- adlibbing — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- adoringly — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
10 letter words containing a, l, g
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- accusingly — to charge with the fault, offense, or crime (usually followed by of): He accused him of murder.
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
- admiringly — displaying or feeling admiration: admiring looks.
11 letter words containing a, l, g
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
12 letter words containing a, l, g
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
13 letter words containing a, l, g
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
14 letter words containing a, l, g
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
15 letter words containing a, l, g
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing a, l, g
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
17 letter words containing a, l, g
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing a, l, g
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
19 letter words containing a, l, g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, l, g
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
22 letter words containing a, l, g
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, l, g
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
24 letter words containing a, l, g
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 20054 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.