Words containing a, l, f, r, n
6 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- arnulf — a.d. 850?–899, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire 887–899: crowned 896.
7 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- falkner — William, Faulkner, William.
- fangirl — Sometimes, fangurl. an obsessive female fan, especially of comic books, science fiction, video games, music, or electronic devices: a web forum for Star Wars fangirls.
- farling — Present participle of farl.
- flaneur — idler; dawdler; loafer.
- flanger — An electronic device that alters a sound signal by introducing a cyclically varying phase shift into one of two identical copies of the signal and recombining them, used especially in popular music to alter the sound of an instrument.
8 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- angerful — Full of anger, expressing anger.
- apronful — the quantity that can be held in an apron
- cornflag — a gladiolus, any iridaceous plant of the genus Gladiolus
- cranefly — A cranefly is a harmless flying insect with long legs.
- falconer — a person who hunts with falcons or follows the sport of hawking.
9 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- apronfuls — Plural form of apronful.
- cartonful — As much as a carton will hold.
- conferral — a conferring of an honor, degree, or favor; bestowal
- conformal — (of a transformation) preserving the angles of the depicted surface
- cornflake — Cornflakes are small flat pieces of maize that are eaten with milk as a breakfast cereal. They are popular in Britain and the United States.
10 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- afferently — in a manner moving to the centre or inwards
- airlifting — Present participle of airlift.
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- artfulness — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
- aufklarung — the Enlightenment, esp in Germany
11 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
- antifebrile — reducing fever; antipyretic
- battlefront — the front line of a battle, where the action takes place
- californian — of or relating to California or its inhabitants
12 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- anglo-french — of or relating to England and France
- anguilliform — having the shape or form of an eel
- antarafacial — (chemistry) Of a chemical reaction, involving two simultaneous changes in bonding to opposite faces of a common centre (or related centres) of a molecular fragment.
- antifebriles — Plural form of antifebrile.
13 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- antifertility — acting to suppress fertility or as a contraceptive
- antiformalist — opposed to formalism
- antireflexive — noting a relation in which no element is in relation to itself, as “less than.”.
- calorifacient — (of foods) producing heat.
14 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
- antifederalism — Alternative form of anti-federalism.
15 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antifederalists — Plural form of antifederalist.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting autofluorescence.
16 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
18 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- cartilaginification — The formation of cartilage.
- chlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of chlorofluorocarbon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- deacetyltransferase — (enzyme) Any of a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups, especially from a lysine residue of a histone.
20 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hexafluoroantimonate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion SbF6- or any salt containing this anion; it is used as an acidic catalyst in epoxide opening reactions.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- llanfairpwllgwyngyll — a village in NW Wales, in SE Anglesey: reputed to be the longest place name in Great Britain when unabbreviated; means: St Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near the rapid whirlpool of Llandysilio of the red cave
21 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
22 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
23 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- fluorochlorohydrocarbon — (organic chemistry) Any compound formally derived from a hydrocarbon by replacing some hydrogen atoms with fluorine and some with chlorine (at least one being retained).
- hydrochlorofluorocarbon — Any of a class of inert compounds of carbon, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chlorine, and fluorine, used in place of chlorofluorocarbons as being somewhat less destructive to the ozone layer.
24 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- hydrochlorofluorocarbons — Plural form of hydrochlorofluorocarbon.
27 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing a, l, f, r, n
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, F, R, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4023 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, F, R, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.