Words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
6 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- unseal — to break or remove the seal of; open, as something sealed or firmly closed: to unseal a letter; to unseal a tomb.
7 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- alesund — a port and market town in W Norway, on an island between Bergen and Trondheim: fishing and sealing fleets. Pop: 40 001 (2004 est)
- angelus — a series of prayers recited in the morning, at midday, and in the evening, commemorating the Annunciation and Incarnation
- censual — an official enumeration of the population, with details as to age, sex, occupation, etc.
- insulae — a group of convolutions situated at the base of the lateral fissure of the brain.
- inulase — an enzyme that converts insulin to levulose.
8 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- annulose — (of earthworms, crustaceans, and similar animals) having a body formed of a series of rings; segmented
- bluesman — a musician who plays the blues
- consuela — a female given name: from a Latin word meaning “consolation.”.
9 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- alcyoneus — a giant who threw a stone at Hercules and was killed when Hercules hit the stone back with his club.
- anacletus — flourished 1st century a.d, pope 76–88.
- asplenium — any fern of the very large genus Asplenium, of worldwide distribution. Some, esp the bird's nest fern (A. nidus), are grown as greenhouse or house plants for their decorative evergreen fronds: family Polypodiaceae
- auslander — (in a German-speaking country) a foreigner
- bullsnake — an American burrowing snake
10 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- andalusite — a grey, pink, or brown hard mineral consisting of aluminium silicate in orthorhombic crystalline form. It occurs in metamorphic rocks and is used as a refractory and as a gemstone. Formula: Al2SiO5
- aneurysmal — a permanent cardiac or arterial dilatation usually caused by weakening of the vessel wall.
- annualised — to calculate for or as for an entire year: Investors earned an annualized rate of seven percent paid quarterly.
- antisexual — a person opposed to sexuality or sexual activity
- artfulness — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
11 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
12 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- alalcomeneus — the first man: he reared Athena and reconciled Zeus and Hera.
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- allusiveness — having reference to something implied or inferred; containing, abounding in, or characterized by allusions.
13 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
15 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
16 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- cloak-and-suiter — a manufacturer or seller of clothing.
- consequentialism — the doctrine that an action is right or wrong according as its consequences are good or bad
- consequentialist — the theory that human actions derive their moral worth solely from their outcomes or consequences.
- consequentiality — following as an effect, result, or outcome; resultant; consequent.
17 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
18 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
- deinstitutionalize — to discharge (a patient) as from a mental institution
19 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- deindustrialization — the decline in importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of a nation or area
20 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
22 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
- reinstitutionalization — to make institutional.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- stimulus-generalization — the act or process of generalizing.
24 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
27 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
35 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
45 letter words containing a, l, e, s, u, n
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, E, S, U, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5330 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, E, S, U, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.