Words containing a, l, e, n, c
5 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
6 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- ancile — a shield that was said to have fallen from heaven, on whose preservation the fortune of Rome was thought to depend
- anlace — a medieval short dagger with a broad tapering blade
- cancel — If you cancel something that has been arranged, you stop it from happening. If you cancel an order for goods or services, you tell the person or organization supplying them that you no longer wish to receive them.
- candle — A candle is a stick of hard wax with a piece of string called a wick through the middle. You light the wick in order to give a steady flame that provides light.
- cankle — a thickened area between the calf and ankle in an overweight person, obscuring where one ends and the other begins
7 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- alcmene — the mother of Hercules by Zeus who visited her in the guise of her husband, Amphitryon
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
- alencon — a town in NW France: early lace-manufacturing centre. Pop: 28 935 (1999)
- anelace — a short sword having a double-edged blade tapering sharply to a point: worn by civilians from the 13th to the 16th centuries.
- angelic — You can describe someone as angelic if they are, or seem to be, very good, kind, and gentle.
8 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acauline — having no stem
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- alcandre — the wife of Polybus who received Helen and Menelaus on their way home from Troy.
9 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- accentual — of, relating to, or having accents; rhythmic
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
10 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- accelerant — accelerating
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acotyledon — any plant, such as a fern or moss, that does not possess cotyledons
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
11 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
12 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
13 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
14 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
15 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
17 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
18 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
20 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
21 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
22 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing a, l, e, n, c
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, E, N, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14001 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, E, N, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.