Words containing a, l, e, i, x
5 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- axile — of, relating to, or attached to the axis
6 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
7 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
8 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- aldoxime — an oxime formed by reaction between hydroxylamine and an aldehyde
- alkoxide — a compound formed by the removal of a proton from an alcohol
- anthelix — a prominent curved fold of cartilage just inside the outer rim of the external ear
- axilemma — the membrane surrounding the axon of a nerve fiber.
- axle-pin — a pin that holds an axle in place
9 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- affixable — Capable of being affixed.
- alexiares — a son of Hercules and Hebe.
- alkoxides — Plural form of alkoxide.
- antihelix — the rounded piece of cartilage inside the outer rim (helix) of the ear; anthelix
- areflexia — (pathology) Lack of neuromuscular reflexes. A symptom associated with many neurological disorders.
10 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- alexandria — the chief port of Egypt, on the Nile Delta: cultural centre of ancient times, founded by Alexander the Great (332 bc). Pop: 3 760 000 (2005 est)
- alexicacus — an epithet of Apollo, meaning “averter of evil,” in reference to his dispelling a plague that afflicted the Athenian forces in the Peloponnesian War.
- ambisexual — relating to or affecting both the male and female sexes
- antisexual — a person opposed to sexuality or sexual activity
11 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- alexandrian — of or relating to Alexander the Great
- alexandrina — a female given name, form of Alexandra.
- alexandrine — a line of verse having six iambic feet, usually with a caesura after the third foot
- alexandrite — a green variety of chrysoberyl used as a gemstone
- alexithymia — an inability to recognize, understand, and describe emotions
12 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- alexandrines — Plural form of alexandrine.
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- alexipharmac — an antidote
- alexipharmic — acting as an antidote
- annexational — Of or pertaining to annexation.
13 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- aix-les-bains — a town in E France: a resort with sulphurous springs. Pop: 25 732 (1999)
- ambisexuality — the state of being ambisexual
- antireflexive — noting a relation in which no element is in relation to itself, as “less than.”.
- antisexuality — the opposition to sexuality or sexual activity
- apicomplexans — Plural form of apicomplexan.
14 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
15 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
- contextualising — to put (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) in a context, especially one that is characteristic or appropriate, as for purposes of study.
16 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- decontextualized — removed from the usual context
- deoxyhaemoglobin — (biochemistry) The form of haemoglobin that has released its oxygen.
17 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- all-expenses-paid — (of a holiday, trip, etc) free, with everything paid for
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- contextualisation — Alt form contextualization.
- contextualization — The act or process of putting information into context; making sense of information from the situation or location in which the information was found.
18 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- hexachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of forty-two isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing six chlorine atoms.
- hypersexualisation — Alternative spelling of hypersexualization.
- hypersexualization — The act or process of hypersexualizing.
19 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- cyclohexadienedione — (organic chemistry) benzoquinone.
- decontextualization — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
- exhibitionistically — In an exhibitionistic manner.
- expressionistically — In an expressionistic manner.
- extraterritoriality — (legal) immunity from the local laws of a certain area, especially due to diplomatic negotiation.
20 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
22 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
29 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- methylenedioxymethamphetamine — The psychoactive drug MDMA or Ecstasy, an amphetamine that produces entactogenic, psychedelic, and stimulant effects.
34 letter words containing a, l, e, i, x
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, E, I, X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1346 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, E, I, X that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.