Words containing a, l, d
3 letter words containing a, l, d
- adl — Anti-Defamation League (of B'nai B'rith)
4 letter words containing a, l, d
5 letter words containing a, l, d
6 letter words containing a, l, d
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- ad-lib — If you ad-lib something in a play or a speech, you say something which has not been planned or written beforehand.
- addled — If you describe someone as addled, you mean that they are confused or unable to think properly.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
- adenyl — a derivative of adenine
7 letter words containing a, l, d
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abluted — washed thoroughly
- acaudal — having no tail
- adagial — proverbial
- adaxial — facing towards the axis, as the surface of a leaf that faces the stem
8 letter words containing a, l, d
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
9 letter words containing a, l, d
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
10 letter words containing a, l, d
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
11 letter words containing a, l, d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
12 letter words containing a, l, d
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing a, l, d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
14 letter words containing a, l, d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
15 letter words containing a, l, d
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing a, l, d
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing a, l, d
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing a, l, d
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing a, l, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
20 letter words containing a, l, d
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
21 letter words containing a, l, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, l, d
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, l, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing a, l, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, l, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24815 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.