Words containing a, k, i
4 letter words containing a, k, i
- akil — a male given name: from an Arabic word meaning “one who uses reason.”.
- akin — If one thing is akin to another, it is similar to it in some way.
- anik — one of a series of Canadian geosynchronous communications satellites that provide telephone and television transmissions.
- aoki — Shuzo [shoo-zaw] /ˈʃu zɔ/ (Show IPA), 1844–1914, first Japanese ambassador to U.S., 1905–09.
- biak — an island in Indonesia, north of New Guinea: the largest of the Schouten Islands. Area: 2455 sq km (948 sq miles)
5 letter words containing a, k, i
- afaik — as far as I know
- ahkio — pulka.
- aiken — Conrad (Potter). 1889–1973, US poet, short-story writer, and critic. His works include Collected Poems (1953) and the novel Blue Voyage (1927)
- aimak — one of the 18 largest regions into which the Mongolian People's Republic is divided for administrative purposes.
- akebi — a climbing vine, Akebia quinata, of eastern Asia, bearing inconspicuous flowers and purple, edible berries, grown as an ornamental in the U.S.
6 letter words containing a, k, i
- abnaki — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living in Maine and Quebec
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
- adzuki — a leguminous plant, Phaseolus angularis, that has yellow flowers and pods containing edible brown seeds; widely cultivated as a food crop in China and Japan
- aikido — a Japanese system of self-defence employing similar principles to judo, but including blows from the hands and feet
- aikona — an informal word expressing strong negation
7 letter words containing a, k, i
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- airpack — an apparatus consisting of a face mask connected to a portable air supply, as an air tank that can be strapped to one's back, used especially by firefighters and search teams in areas of smoke, poisonous fumes, intense heat, etc.
8 letter words containing a, k, i
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- afikomen — a piece of matzo broken off from the center one of the three matzoth set before the leader of a Seder: it is hidden by the leader and later searched for by the children, with the finder, usually the youngest, receiving a reward.
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- airbrick — a brick with holes in it, put into the wall of a building for ventilation
- akinesia — the loss of the ability to move, caused by diseases of the central nervous system
9 letter words containing a, k, i
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- ado-ekiti — a town in SE Nigeria.
- adultlike — having attained full size and strength; grown up; mature: an adult person, animal, or plant.
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
10 letter words containing a, k, i
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- air-intake — an opening in an aircraft through which air is drawn, esp for the engines
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
- aktyubinsk — city in W Kazakhstan: pop. 248,000
11 letter words containing a, k, i
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- aerobraking — the use of aerodynamic braking in extremely low-density atmospheres in space at hypersonic Mach numbers
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- alkalimeter — an apparatus for determining the concentration of alkalis in solution
- alkalimetry — determination of the amount of alkali or base in a solution, measured by an alkalimeter or by volumetric analysis
12 letter words containing a, k, i
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- alkalization — Alkalinization.
- alkaptonuria — excessive excretion of homogentisic acid in the urine, caused by a hereditary abnormality of the metabolism of tyrosine and phenylalanine.
13 letter words containing a, k, i
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
- angiokeratoma — a skin disease characterized by clusters of dilated blood vessels and by thickened skin, forming warty growths, especially on the scrotum, fingers, and toes.
- ankyloglossia — tongue-tie.
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
14 letter words containing a, k, i
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- avalokitesvara — a male Bodhisattva, widely revered and identified with various persons and gods.
- back-formation — the analogical creation of one word from another word that appears to be a derived or inflected form of the first by dropping the apparent affix or by modification.
15 letter words containing a, k, i
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
- chicken-and-egg — of or relating to a paradoxical situation, question, etc. involving two factors, each of which in turn causes or leads to the other
16 letter words containing a, k, i
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
17 letter words containing a, k, i
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
- kaleidoscopically — of, relating to, or created by a kaleidoscope.
18 letter words containing a, k, i
19 letter words containing a, k, i
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
21 letter words containing a, k, i
22 letter words containing a, k, i
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
24 letter words containing a, k, i
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, K, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8694 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, K, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.