Words containing a, h, r, d
4 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- hard — not soft; solid and firm to the touch; unyielding to pressure and impenetrable or almost impenetrable.
5 letter words containing a, h, r, d
6 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
- archd. — archdeacon
- arched — An arched roof, window, or doorway is curved at the top.
- chadar — the traditional garment of Muslim and Hindu women, consisting of a long, usually black or drab-colored cloth or veil that envelops the body from head to foot and covers all or part of the face.
- chador — a large, square cloth traditionally worn as a shawl or cloak by Muslim and Hindu women
7 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- adhered — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- airhead — If you describe someone, especially a young woman, as an airhead, you are critical of them because you think they are not at all clever and are interested only in unimportant things.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
- airthed — a direction.
- aldrich — Thomas Bailey1836-1907; U.S. poet & novelist
8 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
- adhering — to stay attached; stick fast; cleave; cling (usually followed by to): The mud adhered to his shoes.
- anchored — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
9 letter words containing a, h, r, d
10 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adherently — in an adherent manner
- affrighted — to frighten.
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
11 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
- acrochordon — (medicine) A soft, pedunculated or pensile wart, consisting of myomatous or edematous fibrous tissue, often found on the neck or eyelids of elderly persons.
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
12 letter words containing a, h, r, d
13 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
14 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anti-diarrheal — an intestinal disorder characterized by abnormal frequency and fluidity of fecal evacuations.
15 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
16 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
21 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing a, h, r, d
23 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, h, r, d
25 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
31 letter words containing a, h, r, d
32 letter words containing a, h, r, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, H, R, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8542 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, H, R, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.