Words containing a, f, t, l, o
5 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
6 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- floats — to rest or remain on the surface of a liquid; be buoyant: The hollow ball floated.
- floaty — able to float; buoyant.
- foetal — of, relating to, or having the character of a fetus.
- folate — folic acid.
7 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- altdorf — a town in central Switzerland, capital of Uri canton: setting of the William Tell legend. Pop: 8541 (2000)
- batfowl — to catch birds by temporarily blinding them with light
- fallout — the settling to the ground of airborne particles ejected into the atmosphere from the earth by explosions, eruptions, forest fires, etc., especially such settling from nuclear explosions (radioactive fallout) Compare rainout.
- flattop — an aircraft carrier.
- floatel — a boat or ship that serves as a hotel, sometimes permanently moored to a dock.
8 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- antifoul — (rare) Antifouling.
- autofill — (computing) Any software feature that fills in (fields of a form, cells of a spreadsheet, etc.) automatically.
- autoflow — (transitive, computing) To flow (text) automatically.
- blastoff — Blastoff is the moment when a rocket leaves the ground and rises into the air to begin a journey into space.
- boastful — If someone is boastful, they talk too proudly about something that they have done or that they own.
9 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- afterload — (physiology) The load on a working muscle from a constant opposing force.
- allograft — a tissue graft from a donor genetically unrelated to the recipient
- altdorfer — Albrecht (ˈalbrɛçt). ?1480–?1538, German painter and engraver: one of the earliest landscape painters
10 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
11 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- afflictions — Plural form of affliction.
- aftercooler — a device for cooling compressed air or gases to reduce their volume or temperature.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
12 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- affiliations — Plural form of affiliation.
- afforestable — having the capacity to be turned into forest
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- autofellatio — Oral stimulation of one's own penis.
- battlefronts — Plural form of battlefront.
13 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectionally — In an affectional manner.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
14 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- adultification — The treatment of a non-adult as an adult.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- amplifications — Plural form of amplification.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- autofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting autofluorescence.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- classifications — Plural form of classification.
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- confessionalist — an advocate of confessionalism
16 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
17 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
18 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- dysfunctionalities — Plural form of dysfunctionality.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- cartilaginification — The formation of cartilage.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
20 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
24 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
26 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
29 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
35 letter words containing a, f, t, l, o
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, F, T, L, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4644 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, F, T, L, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.