Words containing a, f, r, m, e
5 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- frame — a border or case for enclosing a picture, mirror, etc.
6 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- farmed — a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood.
- farmer — Fannie (Merritt) [mer-it] /ˈmɛr ɪt/ (Show IPA), 1857–1915, U.S. authority on cooking.
- femora — Anatomy. a bone in the human leg extending from the pelvis to the knee, that is the longest, largest, and strongest in the body; thighbone.
- ferbam — an iron carbamate, C 9 H 18 FeN 3 S 6 , used chiefly as a fungicide for protecting certain farm crops.
- fermat — Pierre de [pyer duh] /pyɛr də/ (Show IPA), 1601–65, French mathematician.
7 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- chamfer — a narrow flat surface at the corner of a beam, post, etc, esp one at an angle of 45°
- defamer — One who defames.
- deframe — a border or case for enclosing a picture, mirror, etc.
- earmuff — either of a pair of often adjustable coverings for protecting the ears in cold weather.
8 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
9 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- affirmest — (archaic) Archaic second-person singular form of affirm.
- affirmeth — Archaic third-person singular form of affirm.
- aforetime — formerly
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- aftergame — a game following a previous game, often intended to reverse the fortunes of that previous game
10 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- affeerment — the act of deciding upon or settling penalties or fines
- affirmable — having the ability to be verified or confirmed
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- aforenamed — Named earlier in a document.
- afterimage — a sustained or renewed sensation, esp visual, after the original stimulus has ceased
11 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- afforcement — an increase in force or strength
- afterimages — Plural form of afterimage.
- aftermarket — The aftermarket is all the related products that are sold after an item, especially a car, has been bought.
- aircraftmen — Plural form of aircraftman.
12 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- affirmatives — Plural form of affirmative.
- affrightment — the act of causing fear or alarm
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affirmatively — affirming or assenting; asserting the truth, validity, or fact of something.
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- aformentioned — Misspelling of aforementioned.
- afro-american — African-American
14 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aftertreatment — a method or device for reducing harmful emissions from internal-combustion engines before they are released into the atmosphere, for example a filter or a catalytic converter
- antifederalism — Alternative form of anti-federalism.
- antiforeignism — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
15 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- affirmativeness — The property of being affirmative.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- azobisformamide — (chemistry) azodicarbonamide.
16 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- autotransformers — Plural form of autotransformer.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- confederationism — The advocacy of confederation as a means of government.
17 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- defamiliarisation — (arts) The representation of objects anew, in a way that we do not recognize, or that changes our reading of them.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- commander-in-chief — A commander-in-chief is a senior officer who is in charge of all the forces in a particular area.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- disenfranchisements — Plural form of disenfranchisement.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- interferometrically — By means of interferometry.
20 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- hexafluoroantimonate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion SbF6- or any salt containing this anion; it is used as an acidic catalyst in epoxide opening reactions.
21 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- performance-enhancing — noting or relating to a drug or other substance used to improve one's performance in a sport or other activity requiring strength, stamina, etc.: The use of performance-enhancing steroids by athletes is banned.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
23 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
25 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
26 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
32 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, f, r, m, e
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with A, F, R, M, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3411 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, F, R, M, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.