Words containing a, f, l, s
5 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- aslef — Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen
- falas — a text or refrain in old songs.
- falls — Albert Bacon, 1861–1944, U.S. politician: senator 1912–21; secretary of the Interior 1921–23; convicted in Teapot Dome scandal.
- false — not true or correct; erroneous: a false statement.
- flabs — flabby flesh; unwanted fat: Daily exercise will get rid of the flab around your waist.
6 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- aflush — (archaic, or, poetic) flushed, blushing.
- fables — a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters; apologue: the fable of the tortoise and the hare; Aesop's fables.
- faisal — 1935–58, king of Iraq 1939–58 (grandson of Faisal I).
- falsie — either of a pair of shaped pads, made of rubber, fabric, or the like, for wearing inside a brassiere to give the breasts a larger or more shapely appearance.
- fastly — Securely.
7 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
- alfisol — a fertile soil of humid regions that occurs worldwide, especially where native broadleaf forests were established, and is highly productive for agriculture.
- alfonso — 1886–1941, king of Spain 1886–1930.
- ashfall — the ash that falls as a deposit from the eruption of a volcano
- bashful — Someone who is bashful is shy and easily embarrassed.
8 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- alfresco — An alfresco activity, especially a meal, is one that takes place in the open air.
- bifocals — Bifocals are glasses with lenses made in two halves. The top part is for looking at things some distance away, and the bottom part is for reading and looking at things that are close.
- blastoff — Blastoff is the moment when a rocket leaves the ground and rises into the air to begin a journey into space.
- boastful — If someone is boastful, they talk too proudly about something that they have done or that they own.
9 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- al-fustat — a city in N Egypt, near the modern city of Cairo, founded in the 7th century a.d.
- aloofness — the quality or state of being aloof, distant, or reserved; indifference: His girlfriend's recent aloofness may be a sign that the relationship is over.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- backflash — a flashback: Backflashes of the heroine's childhood fill in gaps in the novel's narrative.
- basketful — a sufficient quantity to fill a basket; the amount contained in a basket.
10 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- artfulness — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
- barrelfish — a blackish stromateid fish, Hyperoglyphe perciformis, inhabiting New England coastal waters.
- bas-relief — Bas-relief is a technique of sculpture in which shapes are carved so that they stand out from the background.
11 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
- bakersfield — city in SC Calif.: pop. 247,000
- balloonfish — a porcupinefish, Diodon holacanthus, inhabiting tropical and subtropical waters.
- buffalofish — any of several freshwater North American hump-backed cyprinoid fishes of the genus Ictiobus: family Catostomidae (suckers)
- bullmastiff — a breed of dog
12 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- bluesnarfing — the practice of using one Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to steal contact details, ring tones, images, etc from another
- cardinalfish — any of the perchlike fishes of the family Apogonidae, many species of which are bright red with black markings.
- channel-surf — to switch TV channels repeatedly using a remote-control device, usually so as to sample brief segments of programs
13 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- argilliferous — containing or yielding clay
- balsamiferous — yielding or producing balsam
14 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
- basket-of-gold — a yellow-flowered perennial plant (Alyssum saxatile, now more properly Aurinia saxatilis) of the crucifer family, often used in rock gardens
- beneficialness — the state of being beneficial
15 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
16 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- declassification — to remove the classification from (information, a document, etc.) that restricts access in terms of secrecy, confidentiality, etc. Compare classification (def 5).
- disqualification — an act or instance of disqualifying.
- four-dimensional — of a space having points, or a set having elements, which require four coordinates for their unique determination.
17 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
- deprofessionalise — to remove from professional control, influence, manipulation, etc.
- deprofessionalize — to remove from professional control, influence, manipulation, etc.
- female-chauvinist — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
18 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
19 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
20 letter words containing a, f, l, s
21 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
22 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
27 letter words containing a, f, l, s
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
On this page, we collect all words with A, F, L, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5834 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, F, L, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.