Words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
7 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
8 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
- bodywear — close-fitting clothing, as leotards or bodysuits, made of lightweight, usually stretch fabrics and worn for exercising, dancing, or leisure activity.
- boneyard — a cemetery; graveyard
- copyread — to subedit
- crayoned — Simple past tense and past participle of crayon.
9 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- -year-old — -year-old combines with numbers to describe the age of people or things.
- acronymed — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- aforesayd — Obsolete spelling of aforesaid.
- afterbody — any discarded part that continues to trail a satellite, rocket, etc, in orbit
- androgyne — an androgynous plant or animal
10 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- amendatory — serving to amend; corrective
- androgynes — Plural form of androgyne.
- approvedly — So as to secure approbation; in an approved manner.
11 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- aerodynamic — If something such as a car has an aerodynamic shape or design, it goes faster and uses less fuel than other cars because the air passes over it more easily.
- apodyterium — the changing room in an ancient Roman bathhouse
- arytenoidal — relating to the arytenoid cartilages in the larynx and also to other parts relating to them
- attorneydom — the state or power of being an attorney
- body-packer — a person who smuggles illicit drugs in balloons, condoms, or similar plastic bags which have either been swallowed or inserted in the rectum or vagina
12 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- adulterously — In a adulterous manner.
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
- antihydrogen — hydrogen in which the nucleus is an antiproton with an orbiting positron
- aperiodicity — not periodic; irregular.
- archdeaconry — the office, rank, or duties of an archdeacon
13 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- aerodynamical — relating to aerodynamics
- aperiodically — In an aperiodic way.
- bobby-dazzler — anything outstanding, striking, or showy, esp an attractive girl
14 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aerohydroplane — a vehicle that can function both as a motorboat and as an aircraft
- aluminohydride — (inorganic compound) The univalent anion, AlH4-, present in such compounds as lithium aluminium hydride.
- ambidextrously — In an ambidextrous manner.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
15 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- adventuresomely — In an adventuresome manner.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- aerodynamicists — Plural form of aerodynamicist.
- allotetraploidy — the condition of being an allotetraploid
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- battery-operated — powered, driven, or operated with batteries
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- chemoradiotherapy — (medicine) A combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy used to treat some cancers.
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
18 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- commercially-minded — knowledgeable about business; interested in making money
- contradistinctively — In contradistinction.
- country-and-western — country music.
- dimethylnitrosamine — a yellow, water-soluble carcinogenic liquid, C 2 H 6 N 2 O, found in tobacco smoke and certain foods: known to be a potent carcinogen. Abbreviation: DMN, DMNA.
- electrocardiography — The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
20 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- mucopolysaccharidoses — Plural form of mucopolysaccharidosis.
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
22 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
23 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
24 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
25 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
27 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
30 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
35 letter words containing a, e, r, o, d, y
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, E, R, O, D, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2513 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, E, R, O, D, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.